Rev Limit/ Ignition Cut/ 2 Step Systems

Do they make a DSMLINK type thing for 240sx's? You have an OBD cable and software on a laptop.... oh wait, 240's don't come with an Eprom or do they?

i have absoultely no clue shane. Its all obd 1 up till around the 96's where there was a mandating obd 1 to obd 2

Well there ya go. Do they make a program to upload to a laptop and use an OBD cable to mess with the rev limit?

Buy a stand alone.

I know what your talking about but the initial cost and the required knowledge to operate and trouble shoot the system in event of a failure is more then what people bargain for. Im glad I have a pretty good handle on what im doing and that ive done this standalone thing a few times now, <3 the flexibility.

Well there ya go. Do they make a program to upload to a laptop and use an OBD cable to mess with the rev limit?

There are options for modifying the eprom settings in a ka ecu. Yes you would be able to change the rpm limit, but I do not know how many options you would have for changing the type of limiter that is used. AEM EMS gives me options to set my own limiter characteristics so its flexible across multiple applications, now if you are modifying the nissan ecu that was made to operate a ka I do not know how many of these options are available. I have not modified Nissan ecus, only honda. I used MSII and AEM EMS on my ka.

This kind of information is readily available in a few mins with some searches, an example thread with a little more definitive information then what I am going to tell you is http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/74077

There are pros and cons to sticking with the factory stuff or purchasing after market standalone solutions. It depends on the situation and what kind of results you are expecting.

cant hit it with a spark limiter on stock nissan ecu....dont think so at least

bro what u need a rev limiter for? i race all the time and i dont even remember the last time i banged off the rev limiter. you dont even need to rev a stock 240 that high anyways, they loose power after 6500. if you shift a little earlier youll find that youll be a little faster cus when your rpms drop they usually be right where your maximum torque is.

car may see boost, keeping auto ecu which has 7200k rev limit that is worthless, and dont want the motor to go lean off of fuel cut if i miss a shift

6al are cheap wtf you talking about? Look on the mustang boards, I bet you can find a few of them for $125-$150 all day long. Chips are cheap or you can order up the knob deal and set it to whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom