removing wheel bearings?

sup people...

i just did the rear 5 lug J30 swap the bearing was bad on the first so i replaced it....good then i was driving its bad on the other side i replaced the whole thing....this ones bad tooo..

so i was thinking i know the ones on my 4 lug hub were good so i wanna put those on the J30 hub....

How the hell do i take out the bearing....and if i cant where or who can do it for me?? Is it even something i can do in my garage....please be specific i might be stupid.....

thanks

J30 wheel bearings are not modular, a-la they must be pressed out and a new one pressed in. Not something you can do in your garage unless you have an upright press. Local mechanic should be able to do it.

Are you saying that you swapped your 4 lug modular uprights for J30 non-modular uprights?

yes i think so since the J30(non-modular i guess) is different its not like the Z32 where you just replace the hub so i replaced the entire upright(if thats what its called)

so basically i have to remove both uprights and get them removed ....

but the question still is can i swap the 4luggers to the J30 once both have been removed???

No on the 4-lug, unless you can find some press-in 4-lug wheel bearing.

You'd be better off just picking up some Junkyard 240 uprights and if you want 5-lug, buy the new 5-lug wheel bearings and just bolt them in.

Back
Top Bottom