Removing sway bars.

mongooze

Driver
I've heard some people removing their sway bars for drifting, some front, some rear, some both. Any have an info on this? If you've removed yours, why? How does the car feel with or without it and or course what kind of car.

i just saw this. maybe u can ask him :bigthumbu
A bigger sway bar will increase understeer, but it's not that big of a deal. I run no sway bars at all. It's really a preference kinda thing. No rear will also make you have a bit more grip and make the car transition a bit snappier.

i dont have rear one for a few years
i like it, car feels faster around the corners more grip you have to be a bit more aggressive

*cough* even if you dont normally run sway bars you should have a set (front and rear) with you at all times depending on track, layout, and conditions *cough*

:bigthumbu

I downgraded back to a stock one. I havent really had a good chance ti test it but it feels a little grippier.

of course a stock rear sway will give you more grip then a thicker, stiffer one

general rule is thicker
rear sway bar or less front sway = more oversteer
thicker front sway or less rear sway = more understeer.

I think the best way to set up a drift car is to use very soft spring rates then use thick sway bars with adjustable endlinks to control body roll/balance. using soft springs gives better mechanical grip.

But of course some people have success using other methods.

Last edited:
if its the same black fd i drove at the naples track the easiness of his car was mostly the power his motor produced lol.]

i keep hearing mixed feelings about swaybars.

i am currently not running a rear sway bar and will see how it slides. if not i will be upgrading front and rear sways. i do have soft springs so we'll see how they work together.

Back
Top Bottom