redline issues

i have a 92 240sx with the dohc ka everything good except that when i push the gas i can only go to 5500 rpms
then my engine cant go anymore i changed the computer and maf sensor please if u have any solutions i need help

sounds like a sensor problem... did you check the conections on all of your tranny sensors? Does it only happen in certain gears or all the time? is the conector for your MAF corroded? did you check the voltage of the MAF? What about your grounds? did you check them?

Be sure to make sure your spark plugs, dizzy, and coil are in good shape. When I swapped my 98' engine I had the same problem. One plug on my coil wasen't connected, so the car would act as if it had a rev limiter at 5000rpm. It really sounds like you are having the same problem I had Good luck:D

It sounds kinda like wires. Like a small defect in one causing it to Arc underload.

Do you still have the stock Air fiter setup with the plastic tube that goes from the throttle body to the maf/Air filter? if so, that tube has a hole in it on the bottom side. you cant see it unless you look down there. it came plugged from the factory with a lil box. if its open,(as in the box is no longer there) that can be your problem. plug up that hole and give it a shot.

**you can use a freeze plug**

still having issues

i changed the air intake , maf sensor , ecu , and spark plugs wat else can it be i really need help starting to get frustrated

I didnt mean change your air filter.

I meant check the bottom side of the air filter tube (from throttle body to maf) it has a hole underneath. needs to be plugged.

have your sensors checked on the tranny, if they go bad or break they will mess with the way your car shifts...

just curious is it an auto or 5spd?

if its 5 speed, its probably your 5th gear sensor ... make sure its connected, basically just do what people have told you on this thread so far. Check the harness thats connected to your tranny, not much to look at, but it could be the sensor thats bad. i had a similar problem with my white s13 coupe i had a couple of years ago.

Back
Top Bottom