Recommended turbo upgrade

no idea. the turbo blew about 12 hours from the time it was supposed to go on the dyno. Drove it for a year and never knew how much power it made.
we figure about 315-330 at 14 psi and over 400whp at 25psi

Never knew a GT2871r .64a/r to hit 25psi...

To the O.P. for 800 bux and 550cc injectors I doubt ur gonna hit ur 350rwhp mark - save up some more $$$ - personally if I could do it over i'd go Gt3071r top mount ext. gated for some nice numbers

my gt2871r is at 16psi by 3300 and is making somewheres close to 350. with the cams, maf, 720cc's etc...

just sayin.

i also wouldn't run 550cc's for anyhting bigger than t28 or 300hp, they will be damn near their max duty and afr's won't have any room for a hiccup. just imo.

Last edited:
my gt2871r is at 16psi by 3300 and is making somewheres close to 350. with the cams, maf, 720cc's etc...

just sayin.

i also wouldn't run 550cc's for anyhting bigger than t28 or 300hp, they will be damn near their max duty and afr's won't have any room for a hiccup. just imo.

So you think 740's or so would do better? I'm going gt3071r :)

^yes, that is my humble opinion. I researched all this crap way back when I put my setup together and remember 550's were not recommended for >350whp.

why have a turbo rated for 450 and not be able to get anywhere close to that safely simply because you put too small of injectors, not like 740's cost way more than 550's or anything, swapping them out is a huge pita so i didn't want to try 550's then see I needed bigger...

^yes, that is my humble opinion. I researched all this crap way back when I put my setup together and remember 550's were not recommended for >350whp.

why have a turbo rated for 450 and not be able to get anywhere close to that safely simply because you put too small of injectors, not like 740's cost way more than 550's or anything, swapping them out is a huge pita so i didn't want to try 550's then see I needed bigger...

Awesome information guys thanks. Im looking for a gt30 and i got 660's for free so im using those haha
we'll see how well they work. i will let you know when it's dyno'd!

Never knew a GT2871r .64a/r to hit 25psi...

To the O.P. for 800 bux and 550cc injectors I doubt ur gonna hit ur 350rwhp mark - save up some more $$$ - personally if I could do it over i'd go Gt3071r top mount ext. gated for some nice numbers

It was nowhere near efficient air going through there.
It ht 30+( boost gauge was 30
Psi and it
Pegged it)
One night and it was insanely fast. No wastegate vaccum line at all.
Bit hwas the reallllll deal

my car was wicked quick.... just saying, i was full boost before 3, granted its onlly the 28r, that shit DIPPED anyone here will vouch! anyway booster seat i have stock mani, taka lines, trust turbo elbow and downpipe, and the gt28r for sale, lemme know.

car was estimated to be close to 300hp... never had the chance to dyno it...

precision has a direct bolt on upgrade i am not sure of the specs but my friend has it on a vvl motor putting down 475 to the wheels

precision has a direct bolt on upgrade i am not sure of the specs but my friend has it on a vvl motor putting down 475 to the wheels

is it an $800 upgrade? The question isnt whether he can make 350hp (we all know SR's are plenty capable) its whether he can do it for under 800 clams

I have a gt2871r on my sr w/ 550's running on emanange. When it was running it made 245whp on 11.5psi. It was pretty damn quick. It could've made more power but i was still using a s13 maf at the time. Definietly a good turbo to get if you got the $$$. If not gt28r and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom