rear end WTF??!?!?!

Blackzenki82

(OO\_SKYLINE_/OO)
Driver
SO, i pulled off my adjustable RLCA's, and put my OEM units back in...

totally fucked up my alignment, well lifetime alingments at firestone FTW!!!

so i go, and get it up on the rack, alignment is done, then, the problem arisies...

the passanger side wheel/tire is sunk, they are +30 rims after all, and the driverside is out, like they're +12s.... both cambers is -1.9 R/L, toe and caster are the same as well...

literally, the driver side wheel/tire is like 1/2 out the fender, and the passanger side in IN the fender... WTF could cause this?

subframe?
bent chassis/frame?

i had a couple off roading times at Desoto, that were pretty rough, but i didn't think it would knock the shit over like 3/4" to the driver side...

should i replace the subframe?

go to a frame shop and have em put it on the rack?

WTFZORZ!!!!

SO, i pulled off my adjustable RLCA's, and put my OEM units back in...

totally fucked up my alignment, well lifetime alingments at firestone FTW!!!

so i go, and get it up on the rack, alignment is done, then, the problem arisies...

the passanger side wheel/tire is sunk, they are +30 rims after all, and the driverside is out, like they're +12s.... both cambers is -1.9 R/L, toe and caster are the same as well...

literally, the driver side wheel/tire is like 1/2 out the fender, and the passanger side in IN the fender... WTF could cause this?

subframe?
bent chassis/frame?

i had a couple off roading times at Desoto, that were pretty rough, but i didn't think it would knock the shit over like 3/4" to the driver side...

should i replace the subframe?

go to a frame shop and have em put it on the rack?

WTFZORZ!!!!

this right here

the alignment is spot on, no within the -.5* firestone allows...

the rear camber is exactly -1.9 L/R toe is .10, hell we even adjusted a 1/4 difference in ride height...

the main pivot point for a rear alignment is the lower balljoint, all settings were set to that, and still, the RR is 1/2 out, and the L/R is 1/4 in... my only idea for this could be a shifted subframe or a bent chassis, it never was like this before till i ran my car at a few events, had a couple wheel drops, but from what i hear, it takes a hellova lot more than that to cause "damage" or misalignment like this...

a question i asked the tech was if he pulled/adjusted the traction and toe rods in, and pulled/adjusted the RUCA in with them, would it be enough to pull the knuckle in enough to maintain camber/toe settings?

i noticed the castle nut on the passanger side was leaning in like "\" while the castlenut on the driver side was like "|"..... maybe tightening of the traction and toe rods would pull the assembly in? and then set camber?

goddamn Desoto....

frame shop said bent knuckle... the rear ball joint mount it pushed up and in, causing the hub to go out, and hence, the issue!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom