read if you plan to do ka to sr bellhousing swap

Ok i did the ka to sr trans conversion and its not that hard you just have to watch the shift rods when reinstalling the sr bellhousing. I did it thursday night and slapped the trans in last night to realize it wouldnt shift into 1,2,3rd gear and i was like wtf:confused:. So i pulled thrans back out and had to split the cases and se what i fucked up, well when i got it apart i realized the shift rods were not aligned when i put it back together. So when installing the sr bellhousing make sure to guide the shift rods through the bellhousing gently, if one moves the trans will not shift. When the sr bell is on all three rods must be even flush to the top of bellhousing (all in neutral) and try shifting though the gears before before mounting the trans that way your not an idiot like me and have to pull it out and tear it down again. Just thought it might help someone out.:bigthumbu

my friend got stuck in reverse when we did a sr -> ca tranny swap. same situation. it took us another day to fix it at the auto hobby.

Back
Top Bottom