rb25de

Model - R31
Engine - RB30E
Modifications - Intake, Cam, Computer, Extractors
Dyno results - 116.2rwkw @ 5700rpm
MISC - Manual, Timing at 10 Deg BTDC (my bad, should have checked!)

^from the forums....

dam that beast came in the R31....i guess bigger is not always better (no homo)

rb30e with a rb25det head > all k?

rb30 was introduced in a Holden Commodore for those who dont know. It was badged a Holden motor but stamped a NISSAN block... It consists of the same block as the rb25, but lacks the DOHC... But with MINOR mods the DOHC can be had, they call it the NISSAN version of the 2jz because of the 3.0l and DOHC, with a stock rb25 turbo you can reach numbers of 400+ with a tune....

Not bad IMO, if I could get one I would have one ;)

Last edited:
Ya i've heard of this along time ago.. They were calling it the frankenstin of nissan swaps because of the frankenstin honda swaps (b18 block with b16 head). in the ad they were saying it was very expensive because it was a new thing but i'm sure its cheaper now and it was in a aussie forum.

If you want to build an rb25de call top hat. When i told him i wanted to build me old rb20de he was very excited.. I know a guy that will most likely have one and if not he can get it.. Pm me for number.. If you do it you have me support. i love my turbo but your right with the better throttle responce, i love slamming the gas in any rpm and getting slammed into your set, turbos do it to but there is a whole nother feel to it

why do you want na is what im trying to ask you

and who is this?

if you run something bigger than a stock ka radiator you wont have an over heating problem

i run at about 190-200 until i start sliding but a after marker rad will fix that problem
He drove it all the way to my house which is about 30 mins away and it didn't over heat

Last edited:
The rb30de is not an expensive swap... The hard part is getting one... i found one for $300 USD in running condition with a RWD 5 spd trans, but I have no way to get it over here... So I was SOL...

The hardest part is getting the rb25 head and accessorys

The rb30de is not an expensive swap... The hard part is getting one... i found one for $300 USD in running condition with a RWD 5 spd trans, but I have no way to get it over here... So I was SOL...

The hardest part is getting the rb25 head and accessorys

really if you cant afford what you want then just wait

i think if you get a de you will regret it later

Geeze!, Thats all this guy wanted to know was "Where to find a n/a rb" and you guys gave him enough $0.02 to buy the motor and have it installed!!!!

rb30's are easy.... bwhahahahahahahahaa.... your kidding me right.. you looked into it.. yea you might have gotten lucky and found one running maybe for 3bones... which is a crazy price for something like that.. i have seen plenty of blocks sold for 1000+ and the RB25 head is no easy thing to get.. also you have to machine the motor to make it fit... its no bolt on a-fair...so i dont know where you got that from. as for the N/A RB.... its a cool idea i agree with that, but there is no aftermarket susport.. you will be stuck at its stock power and abilty's with MORE cost then it would be to have swaped in a rb25det... you will eventy figure out that it will be near impossible to find this motor why? becuase there is no market at all for it... why? cause it makes no sense... If you want a NA monster and are looking to spend the money for a RB swap drop an LSx motor in there... way more power and aftermarket support for probly the same if not cheaper price..

i figure after a bit you will relize that your not really going to do this and it will all fall apart.

I Just Want To Know What Shops Sell The Rb25de I Am Not Going To Do The Rb30e and I never looked into doing it I just stated what n/a rbs there are.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
your not going to find one.. best bet is to ask moe JDM of Miaimi to try and hunt you down one.. but get ready to spend all the money of an Rb swap for half the bang... cause your more then likey going to need to buy a 5spd tranny seperate..

Back
Top Bottom