RB25 has no spark

jdmbrian

Swapped in this RB25 into my friend 240. everythings perfect. we got fuel. but we`re missing spark. ignitor chip works. coilpack harness works. coilpacks are NOT sending out spark. checked with test light. checked with screwdriver and ground method. smell checked coilpacks. no burning smell. visually checked. no cracks. but NOTHING. NO SPARK. friend of mine told me the spring inside the coilpack that touches the plug might have gone bad but on all 6? seems odd. anyone that knows any info on RB25s please help my buddy out. post what you think. even if its stupid.
we dont have spare coilpacks on hand. and it would suck to buy 6 new ones and it completely not do anything.

Do you get any rpm signal while cranking? if not check crank angle sensor \ connection.

What about the IGN fuse in the fuse panel?

dose the ignitor have power and ground?

ignitor sends out signal.

random rpm signals while cranking. jumps about. supposively rpm signal is different cause its 6cyl :confused: thats what the owner said.

ignition fuse is in the fuse panel. vehicle cranks over like a champ.

crank angel sensor is connected.

ignitor sends out signal. was able to trace signal all the way back to the connection of the coilpack.

signal was tested with a light tester.

these were the signals read on the 3 cables going to the coilpacks. order of cable layout.

- blinks while cranking (black wire); + blinks while cranking(white wire); E constant while cranking (black wire)

thanks for the help guys. out of nico, sfl240, and you guys this was the only forum thats responded so far. thanks for the help. any ideas we`d love to try.

did this come out of a working car? who did the wiring? Do you know for sure if anything is good in the motor set? Was the wiring harness working before?

I would try another Ignitor chip, and recheck the wiring for the coilpacks. if your getting power FROM the ignitor chip then it should be good, also check grounds.

I've never had this problem mate.

I would go with the ignitor chip though.

Also what series RB is it?

Series 2 rb's have a crack in the coil pack that you are supposed to tape up. If they get water in them it will fry the crap out of them. Check out skylinesaustralia.com

They might have some useful information.

Also, are the coils actually getting signal. The wires they are plugged into are getting signal right?

240SicknessX said:
did this come out of a working car? who did the wiring? Do you know for sure if anything is good in the motor set? Was the wiring harness working before?

i doubt the harness is bad it came from wiring specialties..

My friend dan had his harness done by wiring specialties..... call em up and ask. They provided alot of technical support when shit was wrong on the engine, it wasn't the harness, it was something else that was bad.

Have you checked to see if you are not getting spark on all cylinders? or just one?

madcowCONV said:
:bigthumbu got it done bad freakin relay :laugh: .

lol i felt like a total noob after we spoke with wiring specialties about a problem dan and I had on his car. I ran them through the troubleshooting procedure that I had done and he said okay well this is bad change it and it will work. It worked.

bro what relay was bad? \ where were you not getting power?

there are to relays on the harness near the ecu i thought it was a plug from the skyline but lmfao it was for two relays... :laugh:

Just to let you know wiring specialties have screwed up before had to send it back to them twice.Everyone is human though. def put pics up.

Back
Top Bottom