Racing schools in South Florida

american_muscle

Any one know of any good racing schools in South Florida? Just want to sharpen the skills a little. Any one been to any? Good/Bad? Expensive?

Chin Motorsports offer courses in Sebring, FL. I hear from everyone that it's a great experience. The cost for it is $300 for a full track day with instructors and everything. Plus costs of sleep, food, gas, w/e. Everyone that has been through it says it's worth it. I still plan on making it to a track day school sometime.

Homestead Speedway also has some sort of track day but I'm not too sure about who does it and how much is it.

Best cheap way to learn is autocrossing. You learn by driving while you're not driving, you learn by talking with others driving techniques and ways to improve your time.

rwdrift said:
Best cheap way to learn is autocrossing. You learn by driving while you're not driving, you learn by talking with others driving techniques and ways to improve your time.

I was going to say that also i believe thats the best and cheapest way to learn just ask around for help and all the little secrete will be revealed to you!!!

Just remember that I never said that it's the only way. It's the cheapest way. I'm willing to bet that what you learn in a track day is 10x more rewarding than an autocross. Track days are actual tracks so you can actually go past 2nd gear. It's a whole different story and it's something closer to the driving motorsport.

Autocross is just a good bang for the buck.

Ive been dying to go to a track day for a long time, I think its the best way to improve your times. Dont get me wrong, I love moding cars, but if you cant drive what you already have at its limit, what the point of spending more money on parts? rwdrift, thanks for recomending Chin's courses, Im gonna check those out. And since I go through Florida City alot, Im going to inquire about their track days too.

I went to the one in sebring last November for my birthday, it's lot of fun, got to drive the SRT10.. learned a few new tricks also. very well worth it IMO unless you just want to be cocky and say you learned all by yourself wah wah wah like some people do

We should all set it up. Whenver there's a big gap between drift events, we should all head up for a track day. Saves on the other expenses such as hotel rooms.

i am up for it. i have been dieing to do it in my miata. its got to be a whole different ball game getting out of 2nd and using higher gears like 3rd and even 4th som times! when ever we plan it i wanna do it.

You Have Various groups that put on Track day with some instruction
Chin Motorsports
PBOC
SafeMotorsports
NASA
The SCCA will be having one soon at Moroso.

None of these are Official Schools. For that you need to Attend a SCCA or Nasa regional School or one of the big Schools Like Skip Barber or Boundurant.

For more info you can go to my site and click on links. There you will find links to the various organizations I have mentioned.
South Florida Motorsports Report

S13 Grip said:
damn now you guys want to go a track day AFTER i move.....**** you guys too lol
no ask like almost everyone i have talked to. i have been dieing to go to one of these for the longest time. just that keep messing up my car and when i finish fixing it here is a drift event and then i **** it up again lol....but seriously if we plan this out i wann try everything i can to go to one.

GreazyMule said:
free instruction at the TER-TECH event on the 31st!!! pre-register now!!! Last event!!! hurry!!!

Seriously I completely forgot to mention that.... I cannot believe people pass up such good deals for $60 because their cars cant make it..... I would kill a person to make it to Ter-Tech.

It'd be nice to take a course like that no matter how good someone thinks they are. I'm sure you would learn a ****load of stuff. lol free instructions

Come to hialeah on the 31st! ask as many questions as you can! I know everyone is always happy to help a beginner or someone looking to improve. I ask questions all the time on how someone is entering, their speed, line, tips, etc. Just come with an open mind and use the drivers as a learning resource. I will be more than happy to answer questions, ride along, or even drive your car if you just ask. I know guys like harri, hannu, santi, tonymac, sean, tim, will all be more than happy to help too so just ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom