Quick question<-Click here

Eddy

Driver
Just wondering why is it that the skidpad doesnt open every time countyline is open for dragging?
It would give everyone more time to practice and keep people off the streets. plus itll make big events crazier cuz more people would be better at drifting. AND there is more money to be made. Now its 25 for the skidpad twice a month. imagine 10 twice a week. just a suggestion. what do you guys think?

because it makes it harder for other events to make any money, cost more money, and actually encourages less people to drive.

if its done during the day, theres no need for the generator; knocking the costs down. im seeing it more like how the dragging is. some nights its dead but they still keep it running. not too many people show up but still, who ever wants to drag they just go. having the skidpad open more often would be for those who want to and can go to practice. an remember, the other events are bigger and more costly. the skidpad is a tiny pad which takes less than 20 seconds to complete

you are fighting a loosing battle here...

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

additonally..... wait for the skidpads, save money and tires between practice and events

are you rich?
do you have shit ton of tires?
do you not have a day job?

get out "eddy"

yo you bothered?? ^^
this post was for simple understanding, no need for this "get out "eddy"" shit..:chair:
i know im fighting a loosing battle like becker said..but having the skidpad open often doesnt mean you MUST go everytime..no i dont have shit tons of tire and yes i do have a day job. just wanted to bring the thought up and see why exactly its the way it is

Last edited:
you be mature, da fuck, cummin in here wit skid pads 2 times a week. da fuck nonsense dat bullshit is?

Well, i remember there was a time when they had skidpads twice a month (which is perfect) but no one would show up. Now that they do it once a month I have noticed a huge difference in turnout.

I remember going one day in the past and only like 5 people showed up.

It would be nice to have it open like you say, but til they get a consistent turnout i dont see it happening

Just wondering why is it that the skidpad doesnt open every time countyline is open for dragging?
It would give everyone more time to practice and keep people off the streets. plus itll make big events crazier cuz more people would be better at drifting. AND there is more money to be made. Now its 25 for the skidpad twice a month. imagine 10 twice a week. just a suggestion. what do you guys think?

Here are the real reasons there aren't skids twice a week. Coming from Hachi who has been running the events at countyline since 2007 and I'm his brother I've been there since the start of drifting at countyline.

1. We don't own the track

2. We don't get paid to run the skid pad

3. We have family and jobs we need to have time for

4. Too many events makes for a lower amount of drifters

5. Lower amount of drifters makes for a smaller crowd

6. Smaller amount of drifters and crowd makes the track rethink why they should let us continue drifting at the skid pad.

7. Skid pad twice a week will hurt attendance at other events.

8. There are so many events to go to now OSW, Desoto, CFRC, PBIR, Countyline. Back in 2006 ter-tech was the only events in south florida.

I see. itll be cool if there could be 3 skidpad practice days a month just so that us beginners have more time to practice and eventually move up to bigger events

Eddy, if there was a dedicated group of drifters that would costly show up at every session then sure they would keep it open and/or do more sessions which would offset the cost. But since there isnt and its more or less random overall they would most likely loss money and eventually get kicked out from having the event at countyline completely

I see. itll be cool if there could be 3 skidpad practice days a month just so that us beginners have more time to practice and eventually move up to bigger events

Why wait to go to bigger events? Just jump right into it.
Lots of people have started drifting on big tracks no reason you shouldn't try.

Um I have a question.

I believe my brother said it pretty well, but let me ask you a few questions.
I understand where your coming from, I do, but try to understand where we are coming from. It's to much and there are so many events now. Also, we can't run skid pads in the day.....Don't ask why. It won't happen. To much to explain, soo don't ask, seriously don't ask.

Do you think it's fair for me, juan, or ben to be there twice a week not getting paid?

How long would you be able to slide twice a week?

Why don't you drive other events?

You think more events would be better, I get that, but it's not like drag racing where you just run up and down the track and go home. We don't have them every week just like there aren't auto crosses every week. Over saturation of events has been proven over and over again to diminish the scene not make it better.

There nothing more to talk about, sorry, I understand....... But no. Ain't gunn a happen.
Please close thread.

I really wish it was open more often but I understand why it's not completely... With that said though this is exactly why street drifting will never stop.. it's the only way to get practice and people wonder why ..

I don't agree with it and I don't really do it ... But you can't blame then..

I believe my brother said it pretty well, but let me ask you a few questions.
I understand where your coming from, I do, but try to understand where we are coming from. It's to much and there are so many events now. Also, we can't run skid pads in the day.....Don't ask why. It won't happen. To much to explain, soo don't ask, seriously don't ask.

Do you think it's fair for me, juan, or ben to be there twice a week not getting paid?

How long would you be able to slide twice a week?

Why don't you drive other events?

You think more events would be better, I get that, but it's not like drag racing where you just run up and down the track and go home. We don't have them every week just like there aren't auto crosses every week. Over saturation of events has been proven over and over again to diminish the scene not make it better.

There nothing more to talk about, sorry, I understand....... But no. Ain't gunn a happen.
Please close thread.
i know hachi, i completely understand why it cant be open twice a week. Although the point of this post wasnt to find out why it couldnt be open twice a week BUT to find out why it coulnt be open MORE OFTEN, just wanted to know whats up. i now know it wont happen so ill stop trying to talk about it. was just trying to stir up a conversation. i thought it would be cool having more events but i understand. thanks everyone for your input. you can go ahead and lock the thread if you like. doesnt hurt to ask questions, its what forums are for right?

I really wish it was open more often but I understand why it's not completely... With that said though this is exactly why street drifting will never stop.. it's the only way to get practice and people wonder why ..

I don't agree with it and I don't really do it ... But you can't blame then..

You can't street slide if your car isn't running lol...
:gayfight:

Back
Top Bottom