Questions about future suspension setup

sorry i figured i would just abbrevate coilover's by saying "coils" lol my bad.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

thanks bearcat, if its alright id like to shoot you a pm later and ask a few questions.

yeah man, go ahead.

You made no mistake however you are in the presence of sheep.

There's nothing wrong with running aftermarket springs and kyb dampers. As a matter of fact, depending on your goals it may be the best solution. Since you're on a drift forum though, I'm going to assume that you will eventually want to drift, in which case a more aggressive, fully adjustable setup like coilovers would be your best bet.

You were asking about replacing your dampers b/c you needed to. If this is true, KYB's are fine. If you're saving up for coilovers, don't spend the extra money on AGX's and just get GR2's - you can get an entire set for under $200. If you daily your car long distances, this is an especially good idea since it will keep your tires in check and give you a smoother, quieter ride.

listen to tony mac he knows his shit i run some jdm lowering springs with tokico 6 way adj shocks front and rear. My car rides amazing it just about as stiff as coilovers and the ride is pretty low for springs. Im fully happy with the setup after riding on it i decided against wasting money on coils just so i can be lower and i doubt it would slide that much better then my current setup. I however unlike tony mac do recomend a good set of shocks if you plan to do anything else with the car other then a daily. lowering springs put alot of stress on shocks and ive blown plenty of gr2. but thats just my experience.

I run tein s tech with kyb agx and they're stiff enough for drifting and i use it for my daily. Your young, your probably poor... go with a cheaper solution than spending lots of money. Isis coilovers might be just for you! anyways.. how low of a drop do you want?

I have Adjustable KYB AGX and Eibach Pro-Kit springs with brand new Nissan Strut mounts & Bushings.
They have about 4 or 5,000 miles on them.

Just came back from the Tail of the Dragon and I was very impressed with the car.
Handled awesome and still has civility on the crappier roads.

LMK if your interested.
Chigga311@aol.com

two things you should consider:

1. don't get coilovers just to be cool cause everyone told you to, only get them if you want to get serious about drifting or desire a very low ride height. Otherwise shocks+springs will suit you well.

2. don't listen to 99% of people on forums.

Back
Top Bottom