question about ls1 240 swap

DriftKnight-Roger

<<&l t; wants another S14
Driver
alright i made up my mind im going to go ls1 on my s14 i just need to know how much im looking at so i can get the money and what excatly would i need to do the swap. would anyone be able to help me out with this lmk thank you:bigthumbu

Well nobody on sfld that i know of has done this so its a shot in the dark for anyone here to guess. My $0.02

Oh yeah, $7k give or take $1k depending on a lot of things.

Well, like any custom swap you need fabrication skills, wiring, welding skills, pipe benders(exhaust) and most important is patience. I'm sure you can do some research on the swap and that should help with some of the problems of anything custom. Just remember custom = $$, even if you do all the work.

XAT Charges $12,000 installed in your car with a/c and pws so roughly around there. It can be less if you spend your money wisley and do ALOT of things yourself.

XAT is no longer open. The swap can be done for ~5k if you get parts cheapest possible. Buying together is easiest. And if you want a t-56 6 speed of course your going to shell out top dollar.

We used stock frame mounts(where you engine bolts) with 1.5" 1/4" DOM tubing with 1/4" sheet steel for the mounts. Other than that you dont need anything. We also used 1x1 sq tube with 3.5" OD mild steel for the trans cross-member and exhaust tunnels.

Just buy by my RX-7 LS6 400rwhp sweet rims roll cage tuned, tunable, all coilovers

12 k firm.

You will spend more to make a ls1 fit a s chassis believe me.

get on ls1tech.com they have a hybrid sub forum for cars that aint gm with ls1's i wanted this swap and i talked to like 3 ppl on there who have ls1 s13s and s14s they also have full build threads.

do it and when your half way through and sick of it sell me the swap... forget the nay sayers... get this swap done son!

on a side note... there are different config's of things to look into, like i think that the GTO shifter puts it in the best place, some other random things to think of too..Hinson Supercars installation kit... makes you life pretty easy.

GL

You will spend more to make a ls1 fit a s chassis believe me.

Deffinatley not true. 7k is about what it takes. Trust me, I know, I was pretty much all the way there and got scammed outta my motor/tranny/etc. You can do it cheaper but you gotta be on the look out for deals. If you're talking about making your power and as nice as yours, yeah 12k is about right.
If I ever did an LS1 now, Id do the Iron block motor or the truck motor. They dont weigh much more than a ka so weight wont get thrown off that bad. I'll talk to my buddy who has an ls1 in his coupe and find out how much he spent. He's a baller though, so he didnt really have much of a budget.
DSC_8025.jpg

sorry for the tiny picture.

.Hinson Supercars installation kit... makes you life pretty easy.

GL

EWWW.
BOOO!!
Hinson is terrible. Only thing Id get from them is the headers, those are real nice. Their kit spaces your crossmember down and alot of shit doesnt really fit right. I talked to Mspeed about hinson alot.

Last edited:
do it and when your half way through and sick of it sell me the swap... forget the nay sayers... get this swap done son!

on a side note... there are different config's of things to look into, like i think that the GTO shifter puts it in the best place, some other random things to think of too..Hinson Supercars installation kit... makes you life pretty easy.

GL

I looked into the hinson kit but i heard alot of bad thing with that kit. but i kinda like this one instead http://www.sikky.com/products/mount_kits/ls1__s14_240sx

its usually about a few grand for a motorset complete, just depends which way you go. Or you can pay $15k and order a LS7 crate motor

Back
Top Bottom