Putting S14 KA in S13

should bea str8 swap if the s13 is a chuki. After I blew my motor in my old s14; my mechanic swapped in a s13 motor w/o none of us knowing the difference 'til now (valve gasket pattern, 3 bolts on top of valve cover instead of 2, S14s intake manifold flows better than s13)

You really should search. And provide more information. Is it going into a twin cam S13 or single cam?

suislide240sx said:
should bea str8 swap if the s13 is a chuki. After I blew my motor in my old s14; my mechanic swapped in a s13 motor w/o none of us knowing the difference 'til now (valve gasket pattern, 3 bolts on top of valve cover instead of 2, S14s intake manifold flows better than s13)

The whole valve cover is different. You can take one look and you will know the difference between an S14 and a S13.

while i kill my self with a dull butter knife.

i remember u have to swap the intake many. kus the s14 is filled with other shit. :bigthumbu

i just made the same question a couple of days ago dude.
search 4 real.

I did search and it didnt bring up nearly enough information for it.

Its going into a DOHC. I found everything I need on another forum.

But if anyone else is intrested. You havbe to change the distributor to the s13 external coil one (yes it bolts right up to the s14 block) , use the s13 lower manifold (it has all the sensor), but make sure to use your s14 upper manifold since it dosent have the additional butterflies and its a direct fit. If you use the s14 alternator you have to drill a small hole so it can ge grounded. And the s14 oil pressure and knock sensor are fine since they are on the s14 block.

Mabe if the topic was easier to find in a search on here it might of help, but I couldnt find anything that was certain from the keywords I use.

i know what you mean.
quik tip. dont search for Tech advice here men.
search in nico.com.
then if you dont find anything. come here and ask.
but search first. thats just the easiest way dude. :bigthumbu
ps good luck with the swap.

it's the same shit i've done it a few times now...if your using the wiring harness of the s13 your gonna need a new distrubutor and s13 mafs and a s13 trothtle body.... and your sit to go.

ZenkiSX said:
I did search and it didnt bring up nearly enough information for it.

Its going into a DOHC. I found everything I need on another forum.

But if anyone else is intrested. You havbe to change the distributor to the s13 external coil one (yes it bolts right up to the s14 block) , use the s13 lower manifold (it has all the sensor), but make sure to use your s14 upper manifold since it dosent have the additional butterflies and its a direct fit. If you use the s14 alternator you have to drill a small hole so it can ge grounded. And the s14 oil pressure and knock sensor are fine since they are on the s14 block.

Mabe if the topic was easier to find in a search on here it might of help, but I couldnt find anything that was certain from the keywords I use.

Matt,

If you have access to the entire s14 thingy, with harness and ecu, then swap the harness over too. Plus its easier bringing the ecu plug through the firewall and taking the engine out with the harness connected rather then it being separate. Im assuming its coming out of your black s14, so just grab the ecu and harness out of the black car and put it into the s13.

A tip while doing the swap. Try unbolting the ps pump and the a\c compressor from the block if you have those things and leave them in the car while you are doing the swap. You dont have to drain the ps fluid or recharge the a\c. Zip tie them off to the side.

Take care

just have your brother help you lol

when I did my swap I just took everything from the s14 (ecu, engine/tranny harness, motor, tranny) and dropped it into my s13 and spliced the wires that go up into the dashboard.

and a s14 intake manifold doesn't flow better. and 91 exhaust cams don't give you any noticeable power. and hatches > coupes

Hey matt, do what rick said, also is better to go with the full swap ECU and all the s14 goodies. and Dan COUPE>HATCH

you need to swap the lower intake manifold with an s13 obd1 one. and you will need the wiring harnees, computer, distributor, and maf, throttlebody from an s13 obd1 chassis thats it!! next time do some reasearch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf is wrong with you people?! is south florida a whole other country full of inept tards?!

its the same fucking motor. dont change the goddamn intake manifold! just change over the TPS plug on the harness!! arent 3 wires a fuck load easier than an intake?! have yo all lost your minds?

you DONT use S14 ecu with S14 KA in an S13
you DONT use S14 harness
any of that crap

pretend its an S13 motor. how hard is that?!

want to use the S14 dist and clean up the engine bay? then convert the S13 harness to do it. its not that fucking hard. i cant belive that tampa is light years ahead of a place only 200miles away.

Yup Yup. Coupe > hatch. Since I have a coupe now =) $300 for a LE (h.u.d, power windows, locks, sunroof) nothing wrong with the car except the engine is locked.

Back
Top Bottom