Problems...

yea, the 205/15's arent going to give you near as much control as the tires on your 18"s. and the sidewalls...depend on the tire i beleive(some are stiffer) also tire pressure.

in a perfect world, you should use the same tires everytime you drift(size brand model) once you find one that you like(or certain for front and different for back w/e). you will find yourself being alot more consistent.

glad to hear that you are improving. you guys keep raping those spots for me while im out of town. :cool:

Choku_Dorian said:
glad to hear that you are improving. you guys keep raping those spots for me while im out of town. :cool:

Ok soo the 205/60/15's are not a good thing... Dangit, guess I'll have to find a new tire size for the charlotte competition.

And yes Dorian, I will keep raping all the corners. I made a track out there. It is insane... I haven't actually drifted it yet, I just have driven through it a couple times to get the corners down.

PowerFCtune001.jpg

September22011.jpg

Last edited:
mkiriakopoulos said:
pretty nice set up.. how much do you want for the car? ^_^

Uhhh I'll start a bid at 30k... Or I'll take a trade on a 1998 Toyota Supra Quicksilver.. Only if it's bone stock...

PowerFCtune002.jpg

See! You know you want it!!

Justin Duncklee said:
Uhhh I'll start a bid at 30k... Or I'll take a trade on a 1998 Toyota Supra Quicksilver.. Only if it's bone stock...

PowerFCtune002.jpg

See! You know you want it!!

haha justin sfldrifters are the most broke ass bunch of people youll ever meet . but im sure theres someone out there with a 89 coupe willing to trade straight up. :bigthumbu

Don't worry. I'm right here with you... Ok I have a video made. I am just working on posting it. Soo that should be up in the next... few... minutes... yeah.... I hope

Here is my video of me on the corner. the first clip is of Noah.. because he rocks, and that is how it is supposed to be done.

watching the video... you do good on the first drift. but you seem unprepaired for next slide and let off the throttle before next turn the road straightens out and you miss the apex of the next turn your speed seems good just try to hold slide 2 more seconds longer lift off throttle and let the ass end come out a little bit then give it some throttle and you should slide right around that other corner... id love to give that a shot in my car... all i got is Intake exhaust KA24DE with Tein stechs, megan racing strut bars, welded diff, Tein inner/outter tie rods, front tension rods with Poly bushings and a few other things. id love to conquer that turn =]... i live in tampa ill send you a pm id love to make a trip to rip up some new roads =] damn i miss my SR20 =[ nice car btw

here are 2 clips of me i have spot here in New port richey, great spot only 6 people know of it and we stay out there 3 hours at a time taking turns drifting never had cop problems and weve been going here for 1 and half years.

sorry for low quality and how short clips are these are really old taken from summer of last year... but you get the point ive gotten lots better at it.

[yt]iY5_R1qdsyQ[/yt]

In this clip it was about 2 weeks later if you look when video starts im already initiated for drift before video starts lol...

[yt]8iMijmeFeMM[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,

Sooo slide longer, lift off then give it throttle.

I think I will go back today. I need to burn these tires off soo I can get some lower profile ones.

Yeah! Noah is dope! He's a very good teacher too.

balls to the wall nukka pedal to the floor and dont back out till the bitch is sideways!!!!

it seems like there is a pretty good stretch of straight section in between the two turns... you basically just have to hold the first corner out long enough through the straight section so that when you cut back you are pointed in the right area for the second turn.

basically what i said hold dat first drift for a tad longer so wen u switchback going right into that apex GOOD LUCK!

drift a 944 said:
it seems like there is a pretty good stretch of straight section in between the two turns... you basically just have to hold the first corner out long enough through the straight section so that when you cut back you are pointed in the right area for the second turn.

the second corner is very mellow, dont try to get too much angle on the second corner, just hang the back out a little bit. but you have to transition it pretty hard coming out of the first corner. yeah that corner is a toughy, and i hope you guys had shovels. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

p.s. tell the fag with the rx7 to go blow a motor or something. :cool:

Choku_Dorian said:
the second corner is very mellow, dont try to get too much angle on the second corner, just hang the back out a little bit. but you have to transition it pretty hard coming out of the first corner. yeah that corner is a toughy, and i hope you guys had shovels. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

p.s. tell the fag with the rx7 to go blow a motor or something. :cool:

your just pissy cuz im drifting with another man while your away and you cant handle it!

i said this eariler, go faster...........

Right now you get it sideways at the first turn, but when you try to switch back or just let it straiten up the second turn is too far away still.......... by going faster you will be able to extend the exit of the first turn longer, and your switch back will carry over a longer distance. Then you will be setup for the second corner.

One way you can go faster is by running more grip. try sliding on your 18's again like you said you did. I estimate i had 285 at the wheels at my last event and i wanted more grip then what my 280 treadwear 245's were giving me. Adding more grip will allow the car to accelerate faster, and will give you an added sense of security because it will be harder to spin out. So when you lift off the gas the car will want to straiten out faster, which gives you the control.

try running a low profile 225........ at least nothing taller then a 55 series. 225/55 235/45 are commonly found tires behind the tire shops. Lower profile has less flex, which is a more direct feel of the road.

oh and holy crap thats a real good place to practice. Dont fuck it up by letting a bunch of people know about it.

Now you might have thought to your self.......... "if i go faster there is a good chance that i am going to go off road, or at least more often". Well this is where a racing line comes into play. If you follow the method of the fastest way around a corner by starting at the outside going to the inside apex then sliding to the out side, you will be able to drift faster, longer and everything else will be fantastic.

Ride with noah and watch how he switches back, and have him tell you what he thinks you are doing wrong or what you should try to do differently.

Wow, This is probably why Noah told me to get on here. You guys are great!!

I thought about the Charlotte event today and found out that I don't have any wheels I can use for the competition.. Sooo I puddled over to Discount tire and picked up the cheapest 17" rims they had.. which is crazy because they look baller. and 215/40/17 Kuhmo 711's were the cheapest tire of choice. I am going to head out tomorrow and test all the things you said. I understand the racing line thing. I think that one of my problems was tire choice. I was usually drifting a 235/40/18 and am now drifting on 195/65/15's. I noticed that if you kick the wheels the car will wobble back and forth for about 30 seconds.

Is it normal to get freaked out when you are still sideways and there is no more corner left?

What was Dorian talking about with pro-reactive drifting and reactive drifting? Is pro-reactive sensing what the car is about to do, and reactive is just reacting to what the car did?
I definetly think I am reactive right now. I guess practive makes perfect right?

Noah please get back up to Ocala!!!! No one will come drifting with me anymore...

Ohh and I understand about keeping the spot secret. I only showed one kid the spot... but I drove through about 10 neighborhoods to get there soo he has no f'in idea where it is. I guess Zack took like 10 people out there? I didn't think he knew where it was? Did you take them out there Noah?

"Is it normal to get freaked out when you are still sideways and there is no more corner left? "

Well on the street I practice longer drifting and new stuff in the rain because it is slower, and I have that longer split second to feel what the car is doing.

You have to be good to connect those corners well.

I used to ride my atv alot, and race people around woods courses. The fastest way around a corner on an atv is to slide it so you dont roll the quad. But as soon as the corner is over you have to straiten up so you can take advantage of strait line acceleration to get ahead of the other rider. When I started drifting, and even now I feel weird trying to prolong a drift wayyyy past the apex if I am not trying to connect another corner. Usually you will see me have the car pointed in the direction that I would be racing in while I keep the rear wheels spinning under power. So I do understand the weirdness that comes with being sideways after the corner is over........ w\e practice makes perfect and you definitely have room for improvement and you have the equipment to get you there.

If you purchase another set of tires to roll at the Charlotte event get a 225 45 17, kuhmo 711, cooper zeon 2xs, falken ziex 512 (cheaper,\ good choice). If you are used to drifting on that grip that the road in the video has, the Charlotte track is going to be a little more slippery. Stepping up the rear tire size is good for, managing heat, a larger tire lasts longer, and provides more grip so you have more control from spinning.

Mk. I think I understand. I thought bigger tires would be harder to drift? but they are better right?

Oh I forgot to ask. Is it normal to be better at one side than the other. Like.. I can drift on a left hand corner alot better than a right hand corner. Is this normal? Or is this telling me my LSD is messed up?

Ohh and I understand about keeping the spot secret. I only showed one kid the spot... but I drove through about 10 neighborhoods to get there soo he has no f'in idea where it is. I guess Zack took like 10 people out there? I didn't think he knew where it was? Did you take them out there Noah?[/QUOTE said:
no i never showed him and i doubt anyone else knows how to get there. they prob went to the other spot that we slide at night.

Back
Top Bottom