Problems... One after another!!!! SR HELP PLZ...

BiG MiKE

Driver
Car keeps giving me one problem after another!! Any help would be grrreatly appreciated...

Car: 89' 240sx Hatch w/Red top SR20DET... :eek:

Heres my biggest problem as of now that i can remember...:

Secondary Fan turns on and kills car or makes really low idle? :confused:

Any suggestions to what it could be? thanks for lookin

secondary fan? you mean the a\c condenser fan? or did you change teh cooling system w\ efans or something.

Is the a\c coming on causing a additional load on the engine becuase your compressor has an issue or is your idle at 600rpm and an a\c compressor load drops the rpms?

adjust the IACV to idle at 900-1000.

240SicknessX said:
secondary fan? you mean the a\c condenser fan? or did you change teh cooling system w\ efans or something.

Is the a\c coming on causing a additional load on the engine becuase your compressor has an issue or is your idle at 600rpm and an a\c compressor load drops the rpms?

adjust the IACV to idle at 900-1000.

I changed the cooling system - DUAL FLEX-A-Lite Fans w/Koyo Radiator n Electric Thermostat... The secondary fan from what i am told is the second fan on the kit i guess u could say... are both sides of the fan supposed to run simulaneously? A/C hasnt even been hooked up yet so that cant be an issue...? Any info on the fal fans w the sr swap would be great!! thanks

im my 180 over here in japan i swaped out the cluth fan for a dual e fan and i ran one all the time... i would flip on the #2 fan when i would start to play around..... i never wired it to a thermostat one was hooked up to a acc in the car the other on a toggle switch..... just watch the temp gauge man..... on hot days you might need to have both on... i dont know why it would be killing your car though....... hope that helps ......

i'm not to sure about this but how did you wire up these fans ? if i'm correct you are better off wiring one of the fans to a relay ...

for some reason it sounds like your over loading your alternator ...

if im not misstaken i think i remember seeing a fan relay in engine bay in one of the fuse boxes....... ill take a look when i got home...

thanx for all of the good input... Actually I am not the one wiring these fans my mechanic is... but id rather research myself rather than pay for troubleshooting @ $75/Hr :( ... Wonder if my alternator could be going bad or even being overloaded as Barney_240 said??? thanx again

use relays, i have both of my fans wired to the windshield Wiper Power wire (red wire) in the motor, from there they go to a pair of relays. i have been running this set up for a 1 yr. and no problems, never over heated, and they are always on.(as soon as you turn your key to ACC)

Back
Top Bottom