problem with volts need help!

s13slider

ok first ill state the problem. as i drive the volts slowly drop. i have a tt that shows my volts. when i start the car the volts r 12.5 which is a lil low but ok. as i drive it slowly starts to drop .1 volts every like 5 minutes. im thinking its my fan. i have an autozone 16 inch fan and it blows like crazy. i had it wired str8 to a switch that i put in the car.the power for the fan came from thee horn and ground to the switch. now, with that set up the car ran fine volts were good until i turned the fan on. as soon as i turned the fan on the volts drop idle drops and my clock went out but it still ran, rough but still ran. also everytime i would come to a light the idle would drop low sometimes even turn the car off and it wouldnt start up again for a while. this would only happen if the fan was on, as soon as i turn them off everything back to normal. so i was thinking the fan was just drawing to many volts or amps.

after that i took the switch out and wired it to the acc. relay. now the fan is always on. at first i thought i fixed the problem because when i went to start the car the clock worked fine and volts went to 12.5, before it would be at like 12.0. but as i drive the car the volts still start to drop. i changed out the alternator and got a new battery. like i said before the volts drop so low that as i come to a light the car shuts off. after letting it sit for a few it would go back up. it turns back on after like 5 or 6 trys and me giving it gas.

im thinking its the fan but im not sure. anyinfo would help. another thing is, not sure is it matters but when i was removing the fan from the horn fuse i noticed that it was blown so i repaced it and the horn was stuck on. i got a nrg hub, quick release and nardi wheel so maybe the horn could be drawing the volts? im a lil lost.

prob your alternater is going bad and it cant keep up with all the load you are putting on it
ps go to advance auto parts and get it tested

i swapped out the alternator aready for a used but good one. by the way its redtop sr not ka.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom