PowerSteering or no PowerSteering

Joekuh said:
sorry to bring this post up 4rm the dead, but im getting a no PS car when i'm used to having one with PS. to those ppl who r like me, used to PS then switched to no PS, what's the car feel like the 1st time? any problems?

Its a car, it will feel just like one. You will feel some difference at the beginning from there on you will froget about it. Oh Plus your forearms will get Huge.

Last edited:
z4k said:
Explain if you will why you can't have PS on a KA?

Either way PS rules!!1

the reason why he has no power steering... well that i can think of... is cause he did a RHD conversion on his car..so he probly hasn't made the hoses for it yet...

I think having no power steering at high speed is better but for daily and drifting its not. The reason I say that is because when I drift with out power steering the steering is hard when you come in a corner but when you start to slide the steering get loose really fast out of no where.

straightedge240sx said:
I think having no power steering at high speed is better but for daily and drifting its not. The reason I say that is because when I drift with out power steering the steering is hard when you come in a corner but when you start to slide the steering get loose really fast out of no where.

UHM, WEiRD . I believe that happens when you go over 15mph on a car w/o power steering. For drifting there is nothing like having power steering, unless the only thing you do is clutch kick and you dont have to e brake, or shift in the middle of a drift. Why do you think FD cars, D1 cars they all have Power steering, at one of the 2005 rounds of D1 Ueno's soarer was w/o power steering he had to retire after a while, because he couldnt control the car and his arms shoulders and back were killing him.

Well, it all really depends on what car you have really. The ae86 feels a lot better w/o PS and w/ a manual steering rack. The feel of the road is better, less weight, also you can achieve greater steering angle with the manual rack(with PS knuckles and BattleVersion spacers, Ueo tie rods, etc). You got to keep in mind ae86s are a lot lighter than most cars so it doesnt effect it as much as lets say a Soarer like someone mentioned before. I would say most if not all top D1 ae86s have manual steering racks. Hope that helps the topic a little atleast.

i dont know about you guys but but in miatas with p/s, when the pump is giving out at first it feels ten times harder than lets say a manual rack does becuase the p/s fluid is not being recirculated and it creates resitance against the steeringwheel. at that point people just loop the rack and keep it like a manual. looping lets teh fluid travel around the rack with out resistance against the steeringwheel. i took out my pump just to try it out and kept my p/s rack and i am in the process of looping it so i can use it like if it was a manual rack with out anything attached to it. my miata is small and light and the only hard part to get used too is when your gonna turn from a stand still, and the car "feels" more responsive but that could just be psychological :)

drove the car home yesterday. like duodocius said u get used to it quick. hookin u turns is an absolute ***** tho!!!

Back
Top Bottom