Power Window problems, HELP

Okay.

S13.

Problem:
Window started not rolling up all the way, had 3 spots it would stop at without some assistace pulling on it. Would just make a grinding noise and get stuck, until one day it just quit working all-together.

after pulling out the regulator the gear was wabbly and the cable was broke.

So I replace it with one from LS1 car. SAME problem. Same result after 1 day.

Wash/rinse/repeat, and at this point I'm asking for advice.

Has anyone had this happen? Does anyone have any 1st hand advice?

do NOT post unless you have 1st hand advice, your usage of google.com , howstuffworks.com and wikipedia.com do not help anyone on the internet actually solve problems and save money on buying parts / doing work to whatever needs to be done.

thanks in advance.

Are the front and rear tracks clean and lubed? Has the door or mounting assembly been damaged\bent causing the alignment issue?

i replaced the regulator, its not a wiring issue, its a something keeps breaking my window regulator issues.

the last two times i've tried to go buy groceries at wal-mart this has happened and once at work since friday.

i dont really understand how this stuff works, and if by align it you mean roll the window up and down a couple times and make sure its aligned with the weatherstripping and door before tightening the 13's then yes....

the track seemed to have the up/down movement on one side the other side was more or less a parallel stability thingy.

a what?

I've got LS1 car and new LS1 car that I can take parts off of because old LS1 car is getting scrapped and new LS1 car is getting lexan or rolldowns.

Mike, you can just yank all the automatic shit out of the door, no need to REPLACE The doors. Just Auto to manual regulators/tracks, Its easy; Good luck Friend. :]

Back
Top Bottom