power gain.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkid17

Driver
ok... so me and my brother where having a debate about how much power a car (turbo or not) will gain by tuning, he sayes 100hp is an outrageous amount and 30-50hp is the most that you can achieve.... i need some input from some of the sfld residents...

there is no answer to this question!!! there are a million factors to this!
engine type-
tuning system-
igintion system-
fuel system-
forced induction-
na setup up-

no answer to this question! every setup is diffrent!

on a boosted application ive seen about 125hp when i worked at fyne tune performance car came in running like shiet putting down 300 something left with 400 and some change

An 03 mustang cobra gains 70hp just of the superchip

Try putting an intake, new pulley, longtube headers, an exhaust, and a chip, and that equals about 550 hp on a Cobra. Something like 490 whp. Let's not mention a new intercooler set up, which is probably another 30 hp (about 20 whp). The Cobra is rediculous.

yeah bolt ons and tuning, its usually pretty easy to get 100whp out of any boosted car.

ive seen 30hp gain on a 1.8t just by chipping. nothing else. bt idk if that was the most that could have been taken out of it.

An 03 mustang cobra gains 70hp just of the superchip
False, see, i work for a company called diablosport and we get more power out of our tunes than superchips. On our stock 03 cobras we usually see somewhere around 35rwhp and about 40lbs of torque. As far as the diesels go, we can get about 160rwhp and about 280lbs of torque out of the new 6.4L fords. Depending on the setup, serious gains can be found (undetermined numbers), but tuning a stock n/a vehicle will only give you about 25rwhp and about 40rwhp on a factory boosted application.

manny lock this shit its point less no one cares about a debate you and your brother had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom