*POSTPONED* Gainesville DRIFT CLINIC #1: No Cops, No Curbs

DriftClinic.jpg

New for the Northeast Florida area is Drift Clinic #1: No Cops, No Curbs!

December 16th, 2007 7:30 A.M. @ the Gainesville International Raceway Parking Lot (Gainesville, FL)

Hosted by the Gainesville International Raceway, this event will take place in GIR's parking lot.

The main purpose of this event is to offer practical instruction on initiating and maintaining the loss of traction in a course-like atmosphere.
All levels of driving ability are encouraged to come out and participate.

• There will only be 20 drivers and the run groups will be limited to 5 individuals per group. The facility is large enough to accommodate multiple run groups, so seat time will be logged in at a minimum of an hour, and a maximum depending on how many tires you bring!

All drivers are asked to promptly arrive at 7:30 A.M. for vehicle tech and pre-driver’s meeting. The event will officially begin at 9:00 A.M. and conclude at 3:00 P.M.

Entrance fee is $100. Please PayPal redemption11@comcast.net

Payment deadline is November 10th,2007 11:59:59, sorry for the short notice we just need to fill up the remaining spots. If there is enough demand, we'll throw a few more spots on.

Driver List:
1. Alex [S14]
2. Darrell Balandra [S14]
3. Brian Baratta [S13]
4. Cameron [S13]
5. Chuck [S13]
6. Damon [S14]
7. Grant Proulx [S13]
8. Hawk [S13]
9. T.J. [Miata]
10. Jordan [350Z]
11. Roland Kertesz [RX7]
12. Stu Kral [S14]
13. Kris [S14]
14. Micah [S13]
15. Eugene Williams [S13]
16. James Miley [S13]
17. Tane Hopu [S13]
18. Jonathan Ross [S13]
19. open
20. open

Spots are filled first come first serve. Email (Mac) redemption11@comcast.net for any questions or PM me on here.

Last edited:
I'm always down for more events, but it sucks that its on the same day as desoto.

At least the drivers roster is almost full :bigthumbu

damn, im supposed to be in jacksonville on the 12th for a family member grad. and bailed out on that, how the hell would i explan this

I think anyone that would want to utilize the day in Gville to use a parking lot for practice, won't be worried about missing a D1 qualifier, maybe they would want to watch, but not drive.

Man is it getting expensive to do this motorsport. $100 for ter-tech, this one, tires, breaking stuff, I absolutely love it. I need to get a sponsor, maybe a uncle with money and use to race would be a good start.

ripracer said:
I think anyone that would want to utilize the day in Gville to use a parking lot for practice, won't be worried about missing a D1 qualifier, maybe they would want to watch, but not drive.

Man is it getting expensive to do this motorsport. $100 for ter-tech, this one, tires, breaking stuff, I absolutely love it. I need to get a sponsor, maybe a uncle with money and use to race would be a good start.

I just want to let it be known. Sometimes bad blood can be created when you don't acknowledge other venues. Rip do you know Tane Hopu? I tried emailing him to tell him to check this or any of the other forums. I don't know if I'll be able to repost on floridadrift since the thread for this event was deleted. If you can contact him, tell him to email me at redemption11@comcast.net or hop on this forum/jaxdrifting.com/bbs.240sx.net/or Freshalloy and find the event and PM me.

ripracer said:
Dont know anyone really, what do you need to find out?

It's all cleared up, at the time my post was deleted from florida drift and I wanted to contact that driver and let him know the event was still planned. The moderator disagreed with some of the information posted, so I changed the info and all is well so far. I just wanted to get in touch with that driver in the event I could not repost on that forum. His email was not working. Thanks though.

Umm, clinic........ whats the course layout going to be like? how large is the parking lot. I dont need anyone to teach me how to drift but the location is convenient.

240SicknessX said:
Umm, clinic........ whats the course layout going to be like? how large is the parking lot. I dont need anyone to teach me how to drift but the location is convenient.

Course layout will start with four basic 100ft squares with just one cone and as the day progresses more cones will added forming figure-8s to long sweepers in four different variations.

its_mac_bitch said:
Course layout will start with four basic 100ft squares with just one cone and as the day progresses more cones will added forming figure-8s to long sweepers in four different variations.

never mind. maybe next time.

"Due to circumstances beyond Drift Clinic's control, the December 16th event has been postponed until a later date early next year. Gainesville Raceway's insurance policy was recently changed and is currently being revamped for the 2008 season. This has effected us because we would no longer have any kind of insurance coverage for this event. At this time we will be glad to refund 100% of the amount given by each driver or we can still hold on to the money and wait for a date early next year, to go towards the first event."

Back
Top Bottom