possible Keys Drift Event Location

This sounds like a great idea. I feel you on the distance thing TJ. Orlando is 3 hours or so from US. But think of the drivers from the surroundng Orlando area, Ocala, all those up north guy from Florida Drift, close to Georgia... Its not like Orlando was just SFLDrifters. It was from all over. You have to double/triple the
time/ distance for all those guys.

don't get me wrong it would be awesome to have a place to slide with no walls legally. Like you said tho don't do it for nothing. [Ofcourse I don't know how big the following is down your way. Try to find an arieal view so we can se what we are working with as far as size, track layouts, pit and spectators area.

im down to be a track official.. help out in the pits. and set up the track... let me know TJ!

i can help joo!

Sweet TJ!! good looking out.... I would come and do the demo but as you know I suck have no car and am annoying as hell

plus i have no money to pay for gas for the drive as I am one of those orlando people now.

Hey anymore people down there besides you and zack drift now? I remember when it was just you me and jordan

I'm in the Orlando area as well. I wish there were more events, but I can see cost being prohibative since suitable areas are few and far between. How much was it costing Rob to run the OWS events? Maybe someone else could pick them up if more attended, I know that the advertising could of been improved to gain more attention since I didnt even know about them until the 2nd event.

Word of mouth is powerful, but its limited to how loud you can yell. ;)
~Kris

OK

First things First. Do not hand the event over to DG Trials. Eric Jacobs is good at Ruining things. Mikey ranlet is the man but Eric can cause destruction as we saw at OCala.

2nd. I will be there to help you in any way I can. Promotions, Demo's, paperwork , insurance, whatever let me know there.

3rd.. I'm covered in tattoos' are they really gonna take me seriously??????

4th.... Are their K-rails or any kind of barrier we could use between the drivers and the spectators to insure spectator safety?

5. Don't worry about DG dates cause they wont worry about yours. You're in south florida and should be able to get enough drivers from just down there not to have to worry about conflicting with another event 400 miles away.. And if it does all you have to say is that was the only date you could get and you'll be good.

Let me know when and where and make sure you gotta a couch for me buddy!

HAHA nice sig DFK, way to support Sean!

Yea, it is far away, I'm sure many S.FLA ppl whom wouldnt be coming to Orlando would more readily go to the Keys for an event. Vise-Versa, as I myself, would not like to go all the way down there with the idea of an event in this area. I think both could live in the same dimension since distance seperates them quite well. I'm sure with time events will become more prevelant in Florida since automotive modding and racing is more open here than California and other areas.

~Kris

Dopefish said:
HAHA nice sig DFK, way to support Sean!

Yea, it is far away, I'm sure many S.FLA ppl whom wouldnt be coming to Orlando would more readily go to the Keys for an event. Vise-Versa, as I myself, would not like to go all the way down there with the idea of an event in this area. I think both could live in the same dimension since distance seperates them quite well. I'm sure with time events will become more prevelant in Florida since automotive modding and racing is more open here than California and other areas.

~Kris

Drifting in Key West > over drifting anywhere else in florida.......

aside from a real track.....

150 or so bars there

but I dont drink
and im not even 20 yet

but yeah if there was an event I would come down to witness it and maybe even drive if I could swing it.

I'm always down if you need me... I even have a place to crash in Marathon too so it would be perfect :bigthumbu . LMK
IMG_65172.jpg

charlottecountyspeedway.jpg

whats going on with this im moving back to marathon i have a wrx right now but will be building a drift car soon let me know if u need help.

The spot that we had planned is in worse condition than we thought. The hurricane fucked the asphalt up beyond recognition.

WE have found another spot though. I am working on an autoX here, and I will talk to them about a drift event.

Back
Top Bottom