poping under light braking

hello

so under light braking i mean like from 10mph or less if i sorta slightly press the brake(i mean litterally tap it) i get a pop....its sooo consistent that i can "tap" the brake let go...tap again and again and again and each time as soon as i do it goes pop.. pop.. pop....almost definetly from the front of the car...

if i ride or slam the brake or from higher speeds i dont hear it..

if it helps i have spl tension rods, steering rack bushings, subframe spacers... and buzz specs(kyb)....and RUCAS.

im thinking could it be front sway bar bushings?? since i know they are sorta bad....? or would it not cause this noise???? THANKS FAM

i'm in the same situation, but i only got the sound after i put on some worn-out struts w/ lowering springs.

check your struts.

Its hard to say without riding in the car, but if the pads were installed without shims, they could just be shifting. I don't install shims and they make that noise almost every time I brake lightly.

check the motor mounts... they usually sound at lower speed braking... i had that problem on my Celica GTS and it was the motor mounts.. if not check your wheel nuts if they are tight...
good luck!

thanks guys maybe cause it was lowered about a year ago but wasnt immediate.....just started about 6 months ago...ill take em out and see....thanks

but what about the front sway bar bushings any connection?

just make sure u check some of the other things the other guys mentioned befor u take out the springs, and like u said check the sway bar bushings

Back
Top Bottom