Planning a build with some Qs...

JOnJOn

Driver
Hey guys, I am trying to setup a list of items for this build and one question I have with being new to the south Florida area is... Anyone have any horror stories or success with any of the SR20DET engine/tranny sellers? If so please let me know and please post a link if possible. So far I have found these places:

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/details.php?id=1696 (This one doesn't look like it comes with the harness and ECU)

http://www.shopjdmstar.com/shop/nissan/engines/

http://www.jspecauto.com/catalog_product.aspx?prod_id=134

http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/jdm-engines/sr20det-s14-p-25.html

Will have more Qs shortly... Thanks!

Check out Jackson performance in the vendor section;)

yes he has them in stock right now and he is a straight person! no funny business or overprice engines.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

besides you live in wpb right.. chris jackson is close from you.

yes he has them in stock right now and he is a straight person! no funny business or overprice engines.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

besides you live in wpb right.. chris jackson is close from you.

Ya was checking out his site last night... Have to crunch some numbers and see, his prices were a little higher but not saying it might not be worth it... Will be making a purchase either way here within a week! Thanks for the input!

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

jdm of miami
sells good motors and their local

Checked out their ebay site last night as well. Doesn't look like they have any full swaps available

ill tell you this.. i bought my swap hand pick from ohio importer, the engine was pristine, but when arrived i was missing the electrical components, he said he shipped them separatly, in total it took 3 months for all the parts to arrived.. so cheaper is not always better if you can't have the product in your face to just go and see it and buy it.

Ya was checking out his site last night... Have to crunch some numbers and see, his prices were a little higher but not saying it might not be worth it... Will be making a purchase either way here within a week! Thanks for the input!

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Checked out their ebay site last night as well. Doesn't look like they have any full swaps available

Just called them up, they do have some S13/S14 engines in stock... $1800 for S13 redtop

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

ill tell you this.. i bought my swap hand pick from ohio importer, the engine was pristine, but when arrived i was missing the electrical components, he said he shipped them separatly, in total it took 3 months for all the parts to arrived.. so cheaper is not always better if you can't have the product in your face to just go and see it and buy it.

I agree! So with that being said that leaves Jackson and JDM Miami locally

Depends on your area but the guys a JDM of Miami are really helpful and reasonable on price. I got my last motor from there and they took good care of me. I think the site is www.jdmofmiami.com and they have listings but it's easier to just call

Also most of them don't include the stock intercooler and piping but for the same price they charge for that you can get one of the bar and plate front mounts with all the piping on eBay (about $200 to $250). The eBay intercoolers can be as good as any name brand just make sure it's bar and plate not tube and fin. I can look up the company I got mine from since it a good kit and at a good price if you need it

Also most of them don't include the stock intercooler and piping but for the same price they charge for that you can get one of the bar and plate front mounts with all the piping on eBay (about $200 to $250). The eBay intercoolers can be as good as any name brand just make sure it's bar and plate not tube and fin. I can look up the company I got mine from since it a good kit and at a good price if you need it

Ya I would appreciate that... Was trying to get a list together of the item I will need to purchase that are not included with the swap kits. Intercooler seemed to be one of the items as well as a BOV.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Depends on your area but the guys a JDM of Miami are really helpful and reasonable on price. I got my last motor from there and they took good care of me. I think the site is www.jdmofmiami.com and they have listings but it's easier to just call

Spoke with them earlier on the phone and told them I am planning to make a purchase within the next couple weeks. Just trying to price everything out. Damn I remember when I was in Okinawa, Japan and picked my '97 S14 for $1000 and my '94 for $400! and swapped everything for another $1000 with extra goodies (ie. engine, tranny, front mount...) Back to reality right, lol?

JOnJOn;731227 [SIZE=1 said:
---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]

Spoke with them earlier on the phone and told them I am planning to make a purchase within the next couple weeks. Just trying to price everything out. Damn I remember when I was in Okinawa, Japan and picked my '97 S14 for $1000 and my '94 for $400! and swapped everything for another $1000 with extra goodies (ie. engine, tranny, front mount...) Back to reality right, lol?

when we lived in okinawa my parents had a 71 skyline... lol, the got rid of it for 300 bucks... :(

Haha, that is why I stayed over there so long... The car scene sucked me. Did street racing for awhile till my skyline took a crap and then got into drifting. Then the military revoked a bunch of our car club's cars for drifting and had undercover loosers out for us. After there the scene for Americans kind of sucked :/ I got some videos from over there I need to get off my camcorder of the street drifting and my track/togue drifting...

Thanks for the link! Did you add a BoV to your piping?

Yea but I got a HKS Super SQV separately since the kit doesn't come with a BOV and wielded the flange for it where it fit best in my car. It's probably for the best since those BOVs that come with the eBay front mount kits are normally really cheap which normally ends up equaling boost leaks. If I remember right that kit doesn't come with a flange wielded on already so your not stuck with fitting your BOV where they put it and if worst comes to worst you can still run it as a closed system until you find the BOV you want

Back
Top Bottom