Pitbull owners read now!

Bearcat

Driver
If you feed your Pitbull or American bulldog Pedigree dog food, STOP FEEDING THEM PEDIGREE NOW!

My two pitbulls are very sick, and my girlfriend found tons of consumer reports within the last 2 weeks saying that Pitbull and American bulldog owners had to put their Pitbulls or American Bulldogs down due to a bacterial infection from the Pedigree dog food.

If you have been feeding them this, for the rest of the week, only give them boiled chicken breast and rice. After that introduce them to a new food mixed with rice for a few days.

Yea pedegree is horrible, Ive heard a bunch of bad stuff about them... Hopefully you caught it soon enough and your dogs will be ok.

I'm so heartbroken and upset. Our pits are both really sick. The only one not sick (yet) is our Rhodesian Ridgeback. I just bought lots of chicken to boil and white rice. I also bought Science Diet. The only reason we didn't feed them this before was because you can imagine how much dog food we go through. I'm hoping we caught this in time or I'll be fucking devastated. I feed my cat who is FIV + Science Diet, and haven't had any problems.

most dog foods in regular stores arnt good for dogs cuz it has corn an wheat as fillers i try to mix my kibble with eggs or raw or cooked beef every other day theres other good brands of kibble that are better but more expensive a lb but u feed ur do less cups the one i got was chicken soup for the dog lovers soul the got it for dogs and pups

I feed mine intimidator and leftovers... my pit can bench press my Lexus.

j/k he gets a mix of Publix organic, some kibles n bits and intimidator. thanks for the heads up tho.

nutro science diet. never gave my wolf dog any problems. and some raw meat and fish always gets her excited ;)

I feed Taste of the Wild. It is the best food ever and my labradoodle loves it. You should try to switch to it or something similar. Most of the dog foods in pet stores suck. The science diet for cats is better than the science diet for dogs. I'm pretty sure the first ingredient of the science diet for dogs is corn... I did a lot of research when I choose a dog food. I used to feed Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul. Its a good food as well but I don't think my dog liked it as much.

I hope your doggies get better soon! Another thing you can try to feed them while they aren't feeling good is a plain or vanilla yogurt. When my dog was sick at one point I fed her the chicken and rice but I mixed in some yogurt as well.

I'm pretty sure the first ingredient of the science diet for dogs is corn... I did a lot of research when I choose a dog food.

Yeah, I was afraid of this being the same issue but there's a new science diet out now called Ideal Balance. The first ingredient is actually chicken. I got them the chicken and rice kind. There's no corn in it either.

http://www.hillspet.com/ideal-balance/ideal-balance-home.html

Tonight they all ate a bowl of boiled chicken, white rice, and some plain yogurt afterwards. Hoping for the best. Our female pit was the one that was first sick, and she actually had a solid poop tonight, but our male pit Buddy is still having bad diarrhea.

Taste of the Wild FTW. I feed my boxer TOTW and she loves it. You seriously can't go wrong with a dog food with wolves and bears on it.

I can't feed my male anything but steak rice and chicken or it will upset his stomach really bad, I can't get him to eat any kind if regular dog food at all anymore.

shit man, that blows. we had to give our little ravager some chicken and rice before when he got sick, but it was some bug or shit he ate.

thats pretty f'ed up. take it up with the store/company for vet bills + distress. then they can eat chicken forever.

On the same Note for dog lovers who dont know My last dog died from couple Aleve pills Aleve and Ibuprofen are extremely poisonious to pets. He jumped on the table and broke the bottle ate 3-4 pills while I was at work came home took him to vet and they told me that you have two hours after he ate it to stop the poison from killing the dog. He was 95Lbs smaller dog needs a half a pill and are done. So be aware not to drop any aleve or ibuprofen on the floor if you drop find it so your pet wont get it.

Back
Top Bottom