Photgraphy......the new bandwagon

kwkouki

YOUS TROLLIN!
Driver
Ok, so its not as cool as Bladders or Zaks Canon. Mine is like the little brother that noone wants to play with or take to the store :laugh:

My Canon Powershot S2 IS came in yesterday. My other digital camera went to shiot so it was time to upgrade. I have no need for a digital rebel so I bought this one.

000000025421st9.jpg

Today I was fooling around with the portrait setting. Took me about 30 shots before I figured out what the hell I was doing. I have no tripod, and dunno how to set the image stabilization so this is the best I could do. Tomorrow if I feel better, I am gonna try to fill up the 2 gig card I bought with it. Here be the 3 best shots I got from my deck.

My cat marbles, wonderful test subject...until she sees a lizard.

marbleszp2.jpg

We noticed a weed growing by our deck. We liked how it looked so we didnt pull it. After 4 months, this fucking thing is 2 feet taller than I am.

leafiescopyjw4.jpg

Saw the moon out at 2pm and was like "wtf is that doing out here"

wruffcopybe1.jpg

I am WAY NOOB at photography, hopefully Bladder can help me out with it. Enjoy and critique away :cool:

Last edited:
WOW! Great shots! PRactice and Trial and Error. Now fill up that card! The picture with the moon and the cat are awesome. Buy a tripod they are not to expensive for a entry level one. You will thank yourself later!

Here are a couple from the first and last night I owned my S2 IS:
IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Love the shots. Aside from shooting pictures, practice editing your photos in Photoshop. It can help your photos stand out more. Just as z4k said, keep practicing.

z4k said:
WOW! Great shots! PRactice and Trial and Error. Now fill up that card! The picture with the moon and the cat are awesome. Buy a tripod they are not to expensive for a entry level one. You will thank yourself later!

Here are a couple from the first and last night I owned my S2 IS:
IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

i like when the lights bling bling in pics like this....

m4nfred said:
camera man...not camera...to a point of course

LOL yeah but im usin a freakin $80 AIPTEK and if you move even slightly the pic comes out blured LOL i took th pic in my sig with it plus it takes forever to focus :(

H'ok. Went out for some night shots. Doing this at night is WAY TOO EFFING HARD! The slightest hand movement blurs the entire image, and if anything in frame moves THAT is now out of focus/blurred. RAAWR! Zak recommended me a tripod from Sears, I will go check that out. On to tonights best 3 snaps

Everything around town for the holiday has this yellow/gold hue, I love it. This picture is still wicked blurry, but the end result isnt that bad *I think*

duvalnq5.jpg

A Bed and Breakfast on South St. Very pretty place year around. With this I was trying to get ONLY the x-mas lights for a light source.

duval2dj0.jpg

This one I think came out the best. I saw 2 completely different colors and I wanted to get both of them in one shot. Ignore the huge blank spage around it, the cropped picture looks retarded IMO. I had to photoshop out the flag on the top of the deck, It was blurry from the wind moving it >_<

shipwreckgi6.jpg

Critique away folks, Zak had been helping me alot.

lol yeah i was usin my dads rebel today and i dont know how the fu*k to use the thing its pretty complicated i think im just gonna get the power shot seems simpler and quality is llokin good from what i can see

kwkouki said:
H'ok. Went out for some night shots. Doing this at night is WAY TOO EFFING HARD! The slightest hand movement blurs the entire image, and if anything in frame moves THAT is now out of focus/blurred. RAAWR! Zak recommended me a tripod from Sears, I will go check that out. On to tonights best 3 snaps

Everything around town for the holiday has this yellow/gold hue, I love it. This picture is still wicked blurry, but the end result isnt that bad *I think*

duvalnq5.jpg

A Bed and Breakfast on South St. Very pretty place year around. With this I was trying to get ONLY the x-mas lights for a light source.

duval2dj0.jpg

This one I think came out the best. I saw 2 completely different colors and I wanted to get both of them in one shot. Ignore the huge blank spage around it, the cropped picture looks retarded IMO. I had to photoshop out the flag on the top of the deck, It was blurry from the wind moving it >_<

shipwreckgi6.jpg

Critique away folks, Zak had been helping me alot.

pictures came out rather sharp. but in the 1st picture, your white balance is off. im not sure how to change it on the IS but read the manual about WB.

the 3rd one has the best natural color

That 3rd shot is killer. Just knock down some of that over head. not to much tho. Getting good man. Any Luck on the Tri Pod?

naw man, havent been over there yet. been busy with being sick and taking care of the wife

nice shots! not bad at all, I like the third one of the second set the best. Tripods are the shit, here are a few of my first shots.

rosebord.jpg

close up of some roses (macro turned on....no cool lenses or anything lol)
flowersbord.jpg

some little flower things outside my house
sushibord.jpg

I love sushi! Wanted something with a lot of Sushi, This was taken at Sushi Cafe, the BEST sushi place ever, most of you know, but its on Sheridan and flamingo, go there they are the shit!!!!!
tibbord.jpg

from the first set of pics when I got a tripod, yeah its a tiburon, its my daily, fuck you haters

This is my camera
Kodak-DX7590.jpg

Kodak DX7590 (with out the lens, damn I need to get that lense I didn't know they made one for my camera lol)

oh yeah first time I add a border or a tag to my pics, I thought it would be the cool thing to do

Back
Top Bottom