overheating issue wont go away

S13<3

SFLDrama.com
Driver
Redid my coolant system cause my radiator was leaking causing me to overheat, and now after overhauling the system im still overheating, i got a new thermostat, radiator cap, new water pump, new aluminum radiator, electric fans, new heater hoses and im sure im forgetting something, system holds 20psi fine, ive bled it a million times, using the bleeder screw and running the car to operating temp with the cap off, jacked the front end up to make the fillerneck the highest point in the system, all that shit, car will idle all day in the driveway, but after driving for 3min or LESS, it starts to overheat and then it skyrockets, today i bled some more (i didnt see any air come out) and now the temp guage goes crazy, up down real erratic, and im sure the gauge/sender is good, im at a loss what the problem coud be, any help is much appreciated

Get a aftermarket gauge and wire it proper so you know actual temp, or a minimum of a handheld temp gauge tester, both upper and lower hoses hot when its overheating? And screw running a t-stat in FL. Doesn't get cold enough. But speaking of the t-stat, did you install it right with the little nipple hole pointed the same as before? I've seen them cause major headaches because they were upside down or in the wrong spot.

usually when you idle for days with no overheat then drive and it overheats right away it is a thermostat but you stated your guage is sparatic and goes hot to cold that would leave me to beleive your wireing has a issue if i was you i would overlay the sender wireing with new wire and see what happens

Factory temp gauge sucks it never reads correctly. Im leaning towards head gasket ive overheated my cara bunch of times just due to nonsense but check your oil and see if there is any water in it and check your compresion

So your saying car is overheating? When it over heats have you popped the hood and heard the coolant boiling? Or overflow tank filling up with coolant? Are you loosing any coolant? I'd check that and defenetly get a aftermarket electric water temp gauge.

thanks for all the responses guys much appreciated

temp guage works 100%, oil is clean and so is the water in the radiator, there is no pulsing in the cooling system, but i still cant rule out BHG or not. i ran the car last night and felt the hoses, and the upper was hot as shit and lower cool as ice, same as radiator, hot on top cold as ice on the bottom, so i figured the t-stat wasnt working properly, removed the POS thermostat even tho its brand fucking new, and lo and behold im running at operating temp and has finally stopped overheating, wtf, can a brand new t-stat fail to function just like that? or do i have some serious blockage in the passages in the block? the tstat was installed correctly with the wiggle valve pointing up to let the air escape

Again, fuh a thermostat in FL, one more stupid thing to go wrong and cause headaches. Glad to see u got it going.

So your saying car is overheating? When it over heats have you popped the hood and heard the coolant boiling? Or overflow tank filling up with coolant? Are you loosing any coolant? I'd check that and defenetly get a aftermarket electric water temp gauge.

Rb25det motor

I'm having this issue and I removed the tstat new fans no oil in water or water in oil and compression read even all across but slightly Lower than factory spec . Even put a plastic radiator and it cracked it . Turned it on with cap off no water shooting out . Brand new Ka sensor for the factory gauge that sucks balls like mentioned before and aftermarket gauge with sammich plate on lower radiator hose

Last edited:
No thermostat FTW. Were in Florida, today is almost about as cold as its gets...

Back
Top Bottom