overheating at slow speeds

Sup all

My S14 (KA) started overheating a few weeks out of the blue, at slow speeds ...I changed the waterpump, thermostat and the belt that goes to the water pump....flushed and refilled the rad with 90-10 water/coolant and a bottle of redline water wetter.

The car didnt overheat anymore.....fine

So now all of the sudden yesterday it started overheating again under the same conditions...?????

The car has no coolant leaks at all. A 2 yr. old Koyo rad and a wired up taurus fan....

Here is the thing..before my car was overheating the first time it would make a screeching noise only when starting the car...like a belt screech. When i would add belt lubricant it would stop for like a day. So when I changed the belt along with the waterpump it stopped the noise completelly.

But a few days before the overheating it started making the noise again...so my guess there is a correlation.....any takers???

Ima see if i can tighten the belt...maybe its just spinning over the water pump?

sorry for the long post:boring:

I'd say you've still got an air bubble in the system. I always drill a hole in the thermostat and have never had overheating problems after.

Are you 100% sure the belt thats squealing is the waterpump belt?

Is the fan always working or is it operating of the Thermostat switch? Check it out, make sure the fan is working correctly.

Back
Top Bottom