overheated KA :(

okay my KA DOhc overheated to the point were the overflow tank was bubling and the car is shooting smoke out.. im now gonna go full build for a KA-T.. my question is if the car overheated can i still take the heads and block to machine shop for a full machine job to start my build ?

alright thanks bruh... sounds like the Ka-T project is gonna be on its way.. another thing anybody here reccomend any specific machine shops that do killer work ?

those issues im not to worried about because i was gonna swapp in a sr20det Blk top in but if i can get the block and heads redone and ready for forged internals to boost it then why not.. right noww the car is a project which i have no rush for it to be ready anytime soon.. just looking at my options.

did it smoke from the exhaust or was just water vapor coming from the engine?

The only way to tell would be remove the head and check with a straight edge. The machine shop will tell you if they can straighten it or not. Since it's aluminium head/iron block, the block should be fine.

dude go to bird road machine shop. i've gotten all my machine work done there and wouldn't go anywhere else. the guy that owns it is really cool they won't rip you off and they do great quality work. pretty fast too.

those issues im not to worried about because i was gonna swapp in a sr20det Blk top in but if i can get the block and heads redone and ready for forged internals to boost it then why not.. right noww the car is a project which i have no rush for it to be ready anytime soon.. just looking at my options.

uhh well overheating might be from something simple like what i said. but whatever if you dont care about fixing it, what was the point of making this thread?

well did you check the usual shit? any anti freeze/water in ur radiator? leaks anywhere?

why would you mention the obvious? It's like him saying he ran out of gas and you would say did you check your gas level?

To the OP, it could be many things:

1.Stuck open/closed T-stat
2.Air bubbles
3.Fan not working properly
4.Lack of coolant/water (obviously)
5.Leak (obviously)
6.Excessive amount of calcium in your cooling system

The only way to tell would be remove the head and check with a straight edge. The machine shop will tell you if they can straighten it or not. Since it's aluminium head/iron block, the block should be fine.

THIS

Last edited:
also if ANY one has a SOHC KA motor and manual tranny that can be used for a build.. i kno a buddy who is interestd in it he couldnt find any localy. Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom