**Outstanding Welded Diff & Turbo rebuild**

how many amps is your mig, u need something upwards of 200amps for proper penetration on something that thick

i can go past 250 but i deff didnt need that much it melted fine i didnt see any signs of it needing more then whatever i was at

sounds to me like you guys are geting nitpicky about this cus your bored

the one i welded for leo will handle 500hp+ i dont think i need to get super complicated on a diff thats going to be powered by an sr or a stock rb

regardless from now on im going to do it just like pbm does it for whoever brings me one to be welded, but the ones ive done are more then whats needed for the applications that they are used for

again not trying to sound rude but im not saying im making hi end stuff hear but just a cheap alternative thats more then enough for us guys that just want to go out and burn up some tires and not have to worry about pieces in thier diff causing it to fail and geting stranded. regardless of how i weld those diffs they are going to last cus i weldem right and dont leave chunks of metal inside the diff(ive seen a fiew)

i welded in between the gears so that little weld is about an inch and half thick, i use a very thin wire with alot of heat and start it inside the grove and work my way out leting it cake and fill in the gears. so the gears are WELDED together not just tacked in and the plate idea isent needed when you fill in the gears the right way. ur used to poeple that just weld the top pf the gears together and then weld a screw across the gears, witch is useless if you know how to fill in the gears for a super strong weld. the plate i welded on is just for looks.... i saw pbm do it and it gave it a nice look and shows that i care about what im doing

ive been welding for 5 years and i learned from my dad that has been welding for 30 years. on top of that i have close to 15k worth of welding machiens and gear at my house. i can weld from stainless to aluminum. not trying to sound like an ass hole but im legit and very professional about my welding and fabricating so if your not a welder dont say anything bro, i understand what your saying about it not looking strong but it is.

Not to sound like an ass but you have me by one year of welding and my father and my grandfather were both welders my dad is a cert underwater welder and my gran father was head of the fab department at tropicana. the pbm is what i am talking about i am not the best at explaing things. dont be a cocky prick just take a little critizim and deal with it. all i was simply stating is that i would have done it differently like the pbm is thats how i was tought.
And as for machines i have a miller pipe pro 450 rcf witch is over kill for fab work for little car but its what i have along with a miller spectrum 875 plazma...... ya i know muh shit.. once again not to be rude or an ass

Last edited:
:corn: it's starting... flame wars...
ha

you guys are both apparently great welders with professionalism in mind.
cool story

Y can't people just accept the fact that your shit is raw.

I've heard nothing but good shit about robertos welding. He's done a bunch of work for us here in palm beach and I don't see us ever stopping going to him for anything fabriation wise. He's going to be doing my exhaust hopefully next week or so and I'll be putting pix in my build thread and vouching for this man. He's legit. I wouldn't go to anyone else from what I've seen and heard.

yea man in just doing people a favor, i like to drift. im not good at it and ive allready crashed a car learning but i love it. i just want to help poeple out cus i know itll come back at me when i need it. just trying to show that i can help people out and then people have to come and put thier imput on it as if im doing a shity job or somthing???? look bro idc about this argument cus ist just gona end up like all the other ones on sfl (never ends) lets leave it at i understand what you told me and from now on i will do it that way :)

no let me appoligize i was a little heated earlier and i got on here and it looked as a easy target and for that im sorry. ill admit im the ass in this one for saying what i did the way i did i dont explain well online ( no hand signs lol ) sorry my friend

awe man right before i post they kissed and made up!!!

alll i have to say now is go ROBERTO!!!! lol... i may come to you for some things!

holy shit, I can't believe an sfl argument ended in a mature way and keeping the gay talk to a minimum. My faith is restored

good looking work - nice to see fellow members pitch in and look out for one another rather than flame away as usual

If everyone had roburtos look on things and everyone helped eachother this sport would grow so much more in sfl

real talk^

But instead people tax the hell out of things, yea I know u need money but come on most of us here are broke as hell dumping all our money into our cars, drifting isn't a cheap sport. And then u have all the people that just love to run there mouth, if someone sucks don't flame on them help them give them pointers and tips.

All iam saying is we need more people like Roburto on here that go out of their way to help this sport progress bigger and better

Back
Top Bottom