**Outstanding Welded Diff & Turbo rebuild**

s0loWkooPi

Trolling hard since '09
Driver
Hello Fellow SFLDrifters,

I am taking my time to post up my welded diff and turbo simply because of the fact that it's amazing. Out of all the welded diffs I seen so far (even poweredbymax diffs), this one definetely takes the cake. I had Roberto, a member on here: aka (metalrocks12) do the job and I must say what an amazing welder he is. Along with my diff, Roberto also took care of rebuilding my T25 and left it brand spanking new. Here, feast your eyes on his work.

I would like to add that he charged me $50.00 for the welded diff service and 100 for my turbo rebuild (excluding the rebuild kit that I got on ebay).

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Once again, thanks again Roberto (metalrocks12) becuase your work is amazingly clean and functional.

ruberto is the shit he helped me with my exhaust, and is fabing up some stuff on my intake manifold as we speak....he is a cool as guy and is always willing to help someone out. Also he will be rewelded up my cage in my hatch ill post some pics of his work when i make a new build thread on my car.

here some pics of the exhaust

photo-90.jpg

photo-147.jpg

photo-148.jpg

Last edited:
50 bucks and he even disassembled the diff? I'd say thats a real good price.
Considering I paid the same to someone in this site to weld mine and had to reweld it myself before even installing it:rolleyes:
Looks like clean work props to people who care about doing it the right way

50 bucks and he even disassembled the diff? I'd say thats a real good price.
Considering I paid the same to someone in this site to weld mine and had to reweld it myself before even installing it:rolleyes:
Looks like clean work props to people who care about doing it the right way

he always likes to be very neat about his work.

^lol

thanks guys

yea i like to do shit right the first time

jeramy im boosting that jetta this week but im hoping itll be done by wenesday if you wana get started on the cage

He welded my diff never had a problem mans a good welders live right next to me he has welded many things for me everthing has come out perfect

idk ive seen alot of welded diffs but that little plate he wleded on will do nothing its not even attached to the spider gears. and he put very tiny little beads on the spiders them selfs. not saying this diff won't hold but it isnt as strong as it could of been you should cut little metal plates and fit them in between the spider gears and then weld all the way around and make it become one solid unit. atleast thats how i always do them but to each is own.

i welded in between the gears so that little weld is about an inch and half thick, i use a very thin wire with alot of heat and start it inside the grove and work my way out leting it cake and fill in the gears. so the gears are WELDED together not just tacked in and the plate idea isent needed when you fill in the gears the right way. ur used to poeple that just weld the top pf the gears together and then weld a screw across the gears, witch is useless if you know how to fill in the gears for a super strong weld. the plate i welded on is just for looks.... i saw pbm do it and it gave it a nice look and shows that i care about what im doing

ive been welding for 5 years and i learned from my dad that has been welding for 30 years. on top of that i have close to 15k worth of welding machiens and gear at my house. i can weld from stainless to aluminum. not trying to sound like an ass hole but im legit and very professional about my welding and fabricating so if your not a welder dont say anything bro, i understand what your saying about it not looking strong but it is.

ahh well i was missinformed on the plate issue, i remmemeberd seeing a pic of what i did ive never even seen that before. looks like a great idea and every diff i weld from now on will look just like that. its just an extra 5 min of welding so np

bring me a diff and ill replicate that with no problem whats so ever for 50 bucks

Back
Top Bottom