Opinions, for that extra drop

I'm looking for thoughts on removing one or two rings from the coil over?

• Total voters

jtmroczk

Driver
right now i'm at full drop with all three rings stacked but no pre-load.
i'm not trying to add pre-load to a 10kg springs attached with a 28mm sway bar

i'm looking for thoughts on removing one or two rings?

i have he's. they are stacked also. i was thinking of taking the 2 smaller ones off and leaving the larger one to contact the spring. there will be a bit of spring droop but w/e.

so leaving the larger one locked against the mount on the bottom should work no?

that's what i was thinking its just your really cutting down on the contact area that transfers the force from the spring to the threads, dropping off the bottom ring would be completely fine, but I'm a little worried about taking the middle one off also.
coilover20I2.jpg

the middle ring is just more than 50% of the top ring covering past the center of the collar above it and giving a nice slope to counter the torque the spring puts on both pieces together, the collar isn't as wide and wouldn't do that, that's my worry.

yeah, but i don't know for sure, if anybody has been running with one collar for a good length of time without failure I'd give it a shot, but I'm starting to think not.

I'm worried about the single large ring by its self breaking where the lower shock collar will come in contact with it.

Last edited:
you prolly have Megans huh justin? Well i have the tracks and they suck for dumping so i took 2 collars off and put them on the bottom so theres only one between the spring and the knuckle mount and i put them below it. That gave me a way better stance than how their designed. Thats on the fronts though, the rears are okay

yeah megan track also.

how long have you been running it like that?

I've got space to go up front, but i have the back maxed out right now and need to go further.

Flip your brackets if you want to go lower.

Eliminating a rear lock collar is OK, but the front will work it's way up or down over time just from steering.

Back
Top Bottom