opinion on setup / adjustment on coilovers

thabeast

Okay so I got a set of Godspeed type rs. Now please don't turn this into a eBay bashing thread. They were in the price range I was looking for and will Probably last as long as second hand used for 2 or three years bashed name brands so that is that. Now I installed rear rucas and the coilovers I adjusted them all to 1" from the lowest possible setting. My fronts are about exactly the same height as they were with the cut lowering springs but the rear is much lower and is tucking. I had 5/16 spacers all the way around but took em out cause they weren't needed for clearance in the front. With the tucking in the back I'm thinking about raising it half an inch to make it more flush when I get everything aligned and adjusted so I also don't rub on my fender when the camber is set which it will. I know you guys are gonna say roll my fender but there is some bondo in the rear fender area so if I do a roll n pull the odds are good That I will crack and mess stuff up. I also can't drop the fronts any more cause it will rub. The bottom of my car is level now, I could Always fold that little lip in so the camber can be better with out rubbing. Don't know how to feel about the sunken battle ship look. So give me Your opinions thanks.

Pics:

1300279812.jpg

1300279814.jpg

1300279816.jpg

If you just installed the coils they should settle some in the next few days/weeks so you may have to readjust a bit. Folding that lip in the inside should give you more clearance without rolling the fenders

Yeah I just installed them yesterday. Ill Probably just fold that lip so I can get that extra clearance. But should I keep it level or raise the back a lil so I'm not so tucked or does it look better like that? Personal opinion of course.

yeah I got those rims for cheap when I first got the car and have like 3 spare brand new tires for that size. So im kinda stuck with them for now. If i put 16's I wouldnt tuck and would be 2' lower lol but the actual coils will only go 1' lower I dont wanna slam the shit outta it cause I will scrape on everything.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

1300287568.jpg

No I wasn't I could clear every speed bump not scrape on anything which I liked. I just bought those stark carving wheels which are 16's so that drops the car a lil more and Imma drop it That other inch so forget about clearance. Lol

Also just to help you out on the rear of a 240 camber and toe don't really change completely independently so you should really get toe rods

Also just to help you out on the rear of a 240 camber and toe don't really change completely independently so you should really get toe rods

Thanks for looking out ill pick some up by the time my body shop Guy rolls the fenders a bit he is busy with another hatch I got for him. After taking it for an alignment

Back
Top Bottom