Once Again!

SKINNY D

FORZA PRO
Driver
ight so we have figured out that my car doesnt have a maf problem, because the mafs that we thought were bad worked perfectly on a 300zx, so i come to the tech section searching for help once again. i changed the spark plugs, no help, i changed the o2 sensor no help, the only things i can think of with rev problems would be 1. my wiring, or 2. my actual ecu.

i reset the ecu, and reseated the daughter board with the rom tune on it, and still nothing... as of right now it looks like i may have to go back to nunook and get another ecu... please any help would be appreciated, and do rom tuned ecu's go bad or is it my car.... thanks!
Sincerely, SKINNY D

thats the dumbest idea i have ever heard, cuz then my car would get stuck in the..... oh :(

so you reseated the daughter board huh...hmmm i think i have a stock 62 ecu - do you have an safc by any chance?

Also, when the car was running, did you take a peek at the light inside the ecu?

Last edited:
still nothing, there was a little water in the tps plug, blew it out, and let the ecu reset still nothing! i was told boost leak and as far as i can tell, boost leak is out of the question....

as i eat my banana split ice cream in my drunken somber, i realize that i should recheck the ecu like tony originally said... thanks that site was really helpful.. ill drag the car down to boca so if i need help it will be easier for u... and to answer bearcat's question the car will not rev past 2000 rpm, and while its running its just dumping fuel. thanks guys. i will update when i do the rom tunes again!

skinny, im about 99% sure the chip lost its tune. For some reason they do that. Id suggest hitting up nook and getting a retune. Pm me for more info on that car. Ive turned more wrenchs on that car than anyone on here. Great car just tj did not upkeep it at all. You could of just gotten my # off someone on here i would of answered any questions u had with that car.

Back
Top Bottom