Old School SAFC

Aerok180 said:

Holy shit Phil,......that thing is a dinosaur...its been extinct for a reason...do not put that in your car! do not...i will dissown u!
:D

lol your crazy! and bro, that thing is sick! Its all old and shit

ive been using it. I think mine just gave out on me though.

I was using it for idle and temp changes. In winter my car runs richer so I just turn all the nobs down, like one or two noches.

Nunook said:
ive been using it. I think mine just gave out on me though.

I was using it for idle and temp changes. In winter my car runs richer so I just turn all the nobs down, like one or two noches.

hmm, how did it give it out on you, just because its old? Did you use it to actually change your A/F ratio? If so, how hard was it to tune with?

jdmnismo300 said:
didnt that shit belong to jesus back in the day???

hahaha....i think God gave this S-AFC to jesus on his 21st birthday for his camel...to adjust the spit/pee ratio
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: !

Phil @ Aero K said:
hmm, how did it give it out on you, just because its old? Did you use it to actually change your A/F ratio? If so, how hard was it to tune with?

I still have to check it out, but basically the air flow signal would get f_ed up or it wont change rpms ranges.

Its not that good to actually tune with nowadays, cause there is much more stuff available. The problem with this is that when u adjust lets say 4000rpms for full throttle, when ur cruising the a/f might be good. The engine doesn't react the same for low mid or high throttle. Thats why the newer safc have low and high throttle maps, and u can change the switchover points.

If anything u would want to tune the low rpm ranges in low throttle, the mid rpms for mid throttle, and the high rpms for full throttle. Normally ur not gonna be at 6k barely on the throttle. Thats what I would do.

Last edited:
Nunook said:
I still have to check it out, but basically the air flow signal would get f_ed up or it wont change rpms ranges.

Its not that good to actually tune with nowadays, cause there is much more stuff available. The problem with this is that when u adjust lets say 4000rpms for full throttle, when ur cruising the a/f might be good. The engine doesn't react the same for low mid or high throttle. Thats why the newer safc have low and high throttle maps, and u can change the switchover points.

If anything u would want to tune the low rpm ranges in low throttle, the mid rpms for mid throttle, and the high rpms for full throttle. Normally ur not gonna be at 6k barely on the throttle. Thats what I would do.

oo yea, i didnt even think of that, so basically this thing sucks lol

Phil @ Aero K said:
oo yea, i didnt even think of that, so basically this thing sucks lol

What did i tell you...throw that shit in the garbage, why u think that shit has been retired...lol Philis, crazy Philis!!!
:laugh: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom