OK wtf is up with my car (sr20)

brian its gabe, david was the one who told me u were havin the same problem, i thought my car as totally fucked he told me the turn off trick, that worked for a bit and sometimes still does, but it seems to come back to haunt me. group tune when i get back to miami

240SicknessX said:
The larger impact of having a boost leak is that the air that is escaping out the leak has already been metered by the airflow sensor and it dosent go into the engine. The airflow meter registers this flow and adjusts injector pulse width accordingly. If less air goes into the engine then what is metered it will run stupid rich and have very little power. Some times its hard to audibly hear a boost leak, but if you have an air compressor and a boost leak tester you can check to see if your intercooler piping is leaking.

ya totally i was just saying that it is possible to boost your normal amount of boost its just going to make your turbo work harder, because he asked if he could still boost 7lbs with a leak.

I'm having the same issue right now also. I just came back from a drive and my engine and turbo started acting up with the same symptoms you described at the beginning. I remembered passing by this thread and was hoping you guys solved the problem. I'll try turning off the car thing next time it happens, temporarily, Till I figure out whats going on or you guys do.

Back
Top Bottom