ok so tommrrow we install 5lug

got240?

hey guys i bought a set of 300zx hubs ( Front and Rear) that i had bought from ( mongooze ) a few months. well tommrrow we are shoting to install them. i belive mongooze changed the front hub bearings to( s13 bearings )so that they bolt right up to my 91 240 hatch. so i went to the junkyeard and i picked up 4 rotors, cailpers and brake lines from a 93 j30.

well after i got back from the junkyard i noticed that the rear j30 caliper doesnt have the nipple for the e-brake. so tommrrow im going to check a diffrent junk yard for either z32 calipers and rotors and use that for the rear or trying to get a j30 caliper with a ebrake attachment if they make one. if i cant find these things at the junk yard tomrrow im just going to install the 300zx hubs with the j30 calipers, rotors and brake lines and run that car like that. i know i wont have a ebrake for now but its ok ill just leave it in gear when i park for now.

the reason for this post is to see if anyone of you has tryed this and might have a idea for me to make the caliper work with a ebrake. or maybe a idea for me to do something else.

thanks so much all for your time and help.

Last edited:
maybe living the back brakes stock... ?

the back brakes wont mount up to the biger rotors ( j30 ) the 240 stock calipers are to small. i guess this is going to end up with me having no ebake for now. unless i find something tommrrow at the junkyard. if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to tell me.

thank you.

You're going to need the rear drum, plate, cables, etc. It would be easier to just redrill your stock rotors and collect parts on the side if you really want to run bigger rear brakes.

So ur saying that these arent bolt right in hubs? Cause from whay he telling me these hubs are just bolt in no fab needed??

Last edited:
as far as i know the z32 front hubs, do not work on s chassis due to the spindle.

J30 has rear drum ebrake, basically you need the whole rear z32 ebrake assembly, lucky for you i have a complete one for sale for 100.00 both sides lol, then you can have an ebrake.

So what crap i got wont work? He told me that he changed out bearings in the front hubs so they are dirct bolt in. For the rear i have z32 hubs and j30 calipers and rotor can this be installed?

rears i know yes, fronts im iff, i also have z32 rear calipers and rotors for 80, i can sell both the ebrake assemblies and z32 calipers and rotors for 170.00

i already have calipers and rotors for the rear that i bought im going to use that for now even thought i dont have ebrake. once i get more money ill change the calipers if needed. so what i have will work on the rears. what about the front changeing the bearing will make them fit?

Last edited:
This sounds like the most RIGGED 5 lug conversion in history.

To do it right you either need Conversion Hubs/Bearings
or
S14 Spindles, Hubs & Bearings!

Z32 Rears bolt on as long as they are N/A the Splines on the Axles won't be a problem.

I've never heard of z32 front hubs working on an s-chassis either. Maybe homeboy knows something we don't.

In the rear, i was just saying instead of having no e-brake or spending additional money on a drum brake assembly and ebrake cables, just redrill your stock rotors and keep your rear brakes stock.

so how do i get 5lug up front then if these dont work? cause right now im going to have 5lug in back and 4lug up front for today thats if the 5lug i have now dont work. well have to see if they dont work what should i do to make the fronts 5lug. im looking for the easyest fast cheapest way.

^don't need the lca's - just the s14 ball joints which press into s13 lcas. But the s14 lca's would be a nice upgrade (wider stance).

hey guys to CLEAR things up, What I sold was NOT 300zx hubs, they were J30. J30 front hubs w s13 wheel bearings pressed in and an entire J30 rear knuckle assembly which is basically a s13 knucke w a 5 lug hub pressed in and a z32 ebrake setup.

It all bolts up and works beautifully, I have installed it and so has Paul, drftnr14 has on his old
s14.

Thank You.

ok this is a update we got the rears done so far all bolted up no problems at all. we are still working on the driver side rear so once we finish that we will start the front. like i said so far so good its all bolting right up no problems at all ebreak works as well. ill keep u all updated as we move on i want to say that mongooze has been helping us do this on the phone and been more then helpful and i take my hat off to him for what he has done for me.

with that being said i feel 100% sure that the front hubs will bolt right up. again ill update you guys as soon as we start the fronts and get them on.

thanks again to all and ill update asap.

ok guys upgrade the front mounted right up no problems at all. my car is now 5lug converted thank very much to all and thank you very much mongooze its perfect!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom