Oil!

truck oil for a truck engine why not? some one once told me.its been working out pretty good for me n ive been using it for a while n i no ppl who have beenusing it for longer then i have.

I don't see why they wouldn't

inb4someonesaysomgthatsfordieselonly

truck oil for a truck engine why not? some one once told me.its been working out pretty good for me n ive been using it for a while n i no ppl who have beenusing it for longer then i have.

i sell it at my shop all the time to diesel trucks and some cars that have major leaks request a "think oil" so we put that in but i never use it because imo its too think and your motor is being stressed ..i usually run 10w30 and never had a problem with my ka. i used the same thing on a friends rb and ran like a champ...never gave me problems and i always run 4 or 4.5 qts. ive heard people running 5 but again imo i think its stupid

why do you assume thick oil is better?

FYI i change my oil if not every event , every other event

Well were in hot ass florida with cars that we daily and beat the shit out of it when drifting with engines almost as old as we are. Yea thick oil ftw. Been running it 2 years oil change every 2k miles no probs.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I mean if you just rebuilt your shit 10w30 is straight. But uh, on older ka's lol, thicker=better always.

Well were in hot ass florida with cars that we daily and beat the shit out of it when drifting with engines almost as old as we are. Yea thick oil ftw. Been running it 2 years oil change every 2k miles no probs.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I mean if you just rebuilt your shit 10w30 is straight. But uh, on older ka's lol, thicker=better always.

i beg to differ i bought my coupe and drove it to my job in broward from miami with smoke coming out the exhaust because of older than dirt oil. did the oil change with 10w30 with lucas then after the first oil change straight 10w30 daily driving to broward from miami round trip and events daily driving..oil change every event if not every other depending on how many runs and if i was lazy

Last edited:
Well your adding lucas for a reason, yes we all know the advantages lol, BUT your making your oil thicker. Might as well run thicker oil too. Do what works for you, I know rotella will stay thick and golden way up till I do my oil change at 2k miles.

Well your adding lucas for a reason, yes we all know the advantages lol, BUT your making your oil thicker. Might as well run thicker oil too. Do what works for you, I know rotella will stay thick and golden way up till I do my oil change at 2k miles.

i used lucas only the first time. and lucas has additives that rotella doesn't

Yes this is true. I run lucas every once in awhile and restore every once in awhile in addition to rotella, I like to mix it up lol. Just saying imo thicker oil is better, many will agree and some will disagree. Oil choice is such a big debate, everyone will have different opinions.

Back
Top Bottom