oil intake manifold

trurace

So, I finally got my car running. I took it for a drive, and it looks like I have oil spitting out the cold side of my intercooler piping. Its coming out of the coupler to in the intake manifold. It got dark so I haven't really checked anything. Does anyone know what could cause this? Its an s13 redtop btw.

I didn't drive it for long. Got up to 85mph and it started to bog out. I dont know why is doing that. I don't know if its the turbo seals. My catch can was empty after the drive.

Last edited:
it is a t28 :(. I took off the piping on the hot side and it's pretty clean. It doesn't really look like the turbo is spitting oil.

well if the hot side is clean, then it seems to be 1 of 2 things... Blow by... (not good) or your pcv is clogged...

Well the motor was just rebuilt. This was the first drive. If it were blow by it would all go into the catch can right? I hope its not that. I'm going to do a compression test in the morning and see how that goes.

it hasnt been broken yet...hope u didnt push the car to hard..hmm really could be blow by. but lets stop guessing.do compression test and tel us what happened..maybe a ring didnt sit right?

it hasnt been broken yet...hope u didnt push the car to hard..hmm really could be blow by. but lets stop guessing.do compression test and tel us what happened..maybe a ring didnt sit right?

bro, a motor is broken in within the first like 30 minutes of running. All that bullshit about driving 1,000 miles before getting on it is....welll....bullshit.
My SR had 36 miles on it before I did a 25psi full throttle pass.
Drove that motor for a year and a half runnin all sorts of crazy boost on a 2871 makin 400 wheel and before I washed the rings from shitty injectors the compression was 165 across the board.

bro, a motor is broken in within the first like 30 minutes of running. All that bullshit about driving 1,000 miles before getting on it is....welll....bullshit.
My SR had 36 miles on it before I did a 25psi full throttle pass.
Drove that motor for a year and a half runnin all sorts of crazy boost on a 2871 makin 400 wheel and before I washed the rings from shitty injectors the compression was 165 across the board.

were they Deatschwerks injectors?

I haven't pushed the card hard at all. I did a compression test and it's 150-155 across the board. When I was taking out the coil packs there was a puddle of oil around each spark plug. It doesn't seem like it was coming from the cylinder. It looks like it's leaking from valve cover. All of my gaskets and o-rings are brand new though. I tightened down the valve cover so I'm going to take it out again and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom