oil in spark plugs and white smoke out exhaust...?

its the turbo seal. same thing happened to mine cuz an oil line came off and burnt up the turbo. I am replacing my turbo today/tomorrow for the same reason. Also had a blown turbo on my s14 and replaced the turbo to fix it.

its the turbo seal. same thing happened to mine cuz an oil line came off and burnt up the turbo. I am replacing my turbo today/tomorrow for the same reason. Also had a blown turbo on my s14 and replaced the turbo to fix it.

did you read my last post? cause i checked my hot pipe and intake and theres no blow by oil in either, not to mention it still boosts fine and runs hard. and from what ive heard if your turbo seals blown it wont boost right and there will be oil everywhere in the piping

how can you check if its for sure the turbo

did you read my last post? cause i checked my hot pipe and intake and theres no blow by oil in either, not to mention it still boosts fine and runs hard. and from what ive heard if your turbo seals blown it wont boost right and there will be oil everywhere in the piping

how can you check if its for sure the turbo

i would say check for shaft play, side to side and in and out,\\

what kind of turbo is it, t28?

t25
i havnt checked the shaft play recently, but when i put it on the motor, it had no shaft play at all, it was in really good shape

i guess its possible that it could have went to shit already, but i doubt it... ill have to check tomorrow and update

other than a leakdown test, what else can i do to see whats the problem?

my turbo boosted fine and held at 7 lb with no problem with a bad seal, so idk about that..
it also had a good amount of shaft play.

i guess google failed me when typing in symptoms of a blown turbo lol, i checked a few different threads and people were saying your turbo would not boost well at all, then again this could be when its really bad

well looks like tomorrow i gotta check the damn thing for shaft play lol

After you changed it assuming you stuck with the same size, did you notice it spooling up a little faster or running better? since you said it boosted fine and all. Also how did you narrow it down to the turbo? Was your IC piping full of oil?

Last edited:
nah i wish, im trying to find somebody that can do a leakdown test, that might help me figure out what else is up with the motor

Back
Top Bottom