O.e.m vs aftermarket

*bigl3o*

Spectator
Just found out recently about a hook up from a freind for brake calipers I can choose from q45 or z32 but my question is what are the differents in o.e.m as opposed to aftermarket?

All you mentioned there is OEM.....Aftermarket would be like "willwood" or "rotora"

Search the definitive 300zx brake swap, there they have valuable information made just for you.

the site was helpfull but what.i ment was what would be the diffrence in me pulling out the z32 calipers from a junkyard instead of me going to autoparts and asking for the z32 calipers

the site was helpfull but what.i ment was what would be the diffrence in me pulling out the z32 calipers from a junkyard instead of me going to autoparts and asking for the z32 calipers

one set is 20 years old and have prob been sitting for years.

the other is brand fucking new/remanufactured/rebuilt.

wtf you think the difference is?

the ones at autozone are rebuilt by certified gnomes for less than minimum wage. support the gnome empowerment movement and buy from jjunkyard. just like fine wine they only get better with age.

Last edited:
I think I paid $80 for all 4 z32 brakes and 40 for the rebuild kits. $120 for rebuilt z32 brakes for less than the cost of 1 caliper from advance auto.

Step 1. search for the z32 calipers and try to get them for cheap.

Step 2. Bring them to a professional to be sand-blasted and powder coated. Be sure to take all moving parts, such as pins and shims
to be stored in a safe place.

Step 3. Order the genuine OEM rebuild kit from the "Nissan" dealer or any other place that sells genuine parts. Why? Most likely you
will not want to repeat this process because of some faulty "autobone" parts.

Step 4. Rebuild and install with some SS lines.

When you are purchasing the brakes, make sure you get the 30mm aluminum calipers. Reason being, they are lighter and they give you the option of upgrading the rotor to the 350z track edition rotor. The 26mm aluminum caliper doesn't afford this option. Driving results will be remarkable compared to the stock setup.

Or find a cheap set of ANY Z calipers, and send them to me. I have them on my warranty file, and I swap them out all the time ^_^
Just make sure you can clear Z calipers. I've seen lots of people get them, and then their wheels don't clear.
If I could do it over again, I would go back to Q45 fronts, and good rotors/pads all around.

But yes, if you get them from a parts store, they are rebuilt OEM ones.

Back
Top Bottom