non vvti GTE head swap on a vvti or base GE block wiring Q's

little pp man

私の車について質問しないでください!
Driver
so here what i have to work with, i have 2 complete GE motors, vvti out of a IS300 with ecu (5 speed) and base out of my 1 gen GS300 with ecu (automatic). one non vvti GTE head with cams, sensors (2 sensors on the head the exhaust cam). but NO coils.

first off id like you guys to know it most likely going into a 90 mazda rx7. so the ecu pin-outs via body harness for which ever ecu and harness ill use i could acquire through alldata pro.

so lets start cooking.

first, iv read that the VVTI bottom end AKA rods,pistons AND oil pump opposed to the BASE ge motor (which are weaker and higher in compression) ARE the same, as the gte. obviously the block and crank are for sure with the exception of the oil squirts.

secondly, the vvti coils. iv seen some members (na-t) making good gains off the 3 waste spark vvti coils. i want to use these. but ill need a cps which is on a tt block. OR VVTI if theres one. correct? and which ecu and harness to modify is best to run the coils etc. aside a stand alone like aem.

note i have a piggyback afc and 550cc high imp injectors, ffim and single turbo set up.

has this been done?

thanks

i know people do a 1jz head on a 2jz. im pretty sure it could be done. youd just had to get a vvti wiring harness as it has different plugs...

According to everything ive read, you are on the right track, vvti rods are skinny, but the actual block casting is the same(?) So maybe use non vvti internals in your vvti block? Then you won't have to stress about changing wiring and such.

According to everything ive read, you are on the right track, vvti rods are skinny, but the actual block casting is the same(?) So maybe use non vvti internals in your vvti block? Then you won't have to stress about changing wiring and such.

the vvti is gonna kill you. anything over 8lbs of boost and youll need a full standalone. cheapest way out is a 3.5mm headgasket on the ge non vvti block and arp studs or using tt pistions and gte headgasket. you can always use a 4runner dizzy cap to help with clearance issues.

^ i have tt pistons n rods i plan on dropping into the base ge bottom, ARP head studs, the GTE non vvti head, 272 cams, gte headgasket and vvti coils (waste spark). as for the harness im considering running the is300 vvti harness and modding it.

the turbo and manifolds are making it a bit hard on my wallet for a ems.. especially when i still need a shell lmao (my lexus gs would be last resort depending on reliability ;) but if a deal comes for a 2jz AEM v1 ill jump. or a microtech lt12 since iv wired and tuned many before.

and the 4runner dizzy is wack, if IF i decide to keep the base GE head i can do the dizzy delete mod and still run the vvti coils and igniter. but i have a GTE head with 272 cams..

my penis is large.

Last edited:
all GTE. custom manifolds.

as for the ecu bro.. no ce que pinga. im waiting for someone to get back to me about one but i havent heard anything back.

and has to be for a manual as well:chair:

ok. so iv gone to just keep and build the vvti block and head, im putting in the 292 cams, port the runners, GTE valve covers (non vvti) ARP studs, t5 twin wastegate manifold i just got, ffim with 90mm tb and VVTI delete on the head. as for the block i need a TT oil and water pump :ugh: but ill be dropping in the GTE rods and pistons , modify the oil pan, a 3mm head gasket.

ill need a GTE harness and coils as well then lastly decide on the EMS so if theres any feedback lmk. im buying my fc3s shell hopefully this weekend in nashville !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ok. so iv gone to just keep and build the vvti block and head, im putting in the 292 cams, port the runners, GTE valve covers (non vvti) ARP studs, t5 twin wastegate manifold i just got, ffim with 90mm tb and VVTI delete on the head. as for the block i need a TT oil and water pump :ugh: but ill be dropping in the GTE rods and pistons , modify the oil pan, a 3mm head gasket.

ill need a GTE harness and coils as well then lastly decide on the EMS so if theres any feedback lmk. im buying my fc3s shell hopefully this weekend in nashville !!!!!!!!

you dont need that 3m hg if your doing the tt pistons

Back
Top Bottom