Nominate a announcer for the Homestead DEMO!!

I would like to start a poll to see who should we have competing to obatin the job and resposibility to be a annoucer for the next drift demo coming up on April 18th.

Post who you think has a shoot to become a drift announcer for this and future demos for the speedway and other future events I might host.

I hope to see a few old faces trying out for this spot. So go ahead nominate and see who will make the poll.

Selected top 5 guys will have 10 minutes each to see who does their best at annoucing and keep the crowd going for the demo.

Choose whisely and may the best annoucer win!!!

Good luck

Moe

I honestly no offense don't think Ben would be the best candidate. We need someone who will hype the crowd like crazy and I just can't see him going crazy on the mic trying to get people pumped but he knows more about the sport than most everyone else who isn't driving.

Who was the announcer guy that did the last NOPI qualifier at Desoto a couple years ago? That guy was funny as fuck and seriously knowledgeable when it came to drifting. Yeah, we should get THAT guy. If any of you guys were there, you'll know what i'm talkin about.

Last edited by a moderator:
rob fleming. he is good yea, but he lives up here in Tampa. he does the mario sounds and other things, also plays the music people were talking about (explicit lyrics sometimes/ joke songs) so if he worked that out, it would be what you want

Who was the announcer guy that did the last NOPI qualifier at Desoto a couple years ago? That guy was funny as fuck and seriously knowledgeable when it came to drifting. Yeah, we should get THAT guy. If any of you guys were there, you'll know what i'm talkin about.

YouTube- Desoto Drift NOPI Qualifier Group A Runs

yes rob fucking rules i remember one i heard him say in one of my first drift ever.. " nice seems like he found a way to make his own course" lol epic fail in my part.

oh, didnt realize that was Rob, either way, he's a great announcer

Honestly nothing against Rob but I think he is not the material for FARA the joking on the mic at FARA just kind of makes us look like clowns. We need someone who hypes the crowd not a comedian but he does know a lot. If he doesn't take the joking he would be on point.

For instance when FDC was OSW I was thoroughly annoyed with his announcing because he just went overboard with the flaming and the jokes but in that Desoto qualifier he was pretty solid.

Last edited:
ooh ooh.... i will do it... i can HYPE! i am funny and with material about peoples car and personal info, i should be alright, i dont flame anyone or say shit about their driving... i am serious....

I think Emil would be good too. He has that soothing voice like Morgan Freeman, I'm just sure that like me, he can't go two phrases without offending someone.

I don't know if we are going to do the tryouts, I thought that was a good idea.

I just think that the announcer should be:

Enthusiastic
Funny
Knowledgeable
No cussing

If you can pull that off, we got a show.

Lol @ rob being nominated for a fara event! Yes minus the "shut up woman get on my horse" being played for 30 minutes straight or the triple six mafia being played un edited and being drunk on the mic talking shit about ever car then yea! Rob would be good! He did a good job at round 2 at pbir last June even though spectators attendence was at horrible number! Nothing against Rob! I get his humor it's just not for everyone, and every venue! If FARA and countyline were not the same day I'd say Shant if he wasent driving because the ladies love the chammy!

Back
Top Bottom