Noise from rear when shifting or braking

My car makes a weird noise from my rear when i shift or start braking someone told me it could be my rear subframe bushings cause it feels like if it just hits something when i put or take away stress from the rear like when am shift or braking...What do you guys think?

eNtRy SpEeD said:
the whole kit from Energy Suspension (Polyurethane) is under 100 dollars I believe. Good luck

i dont think they make subframe bushings for 240's unless they just started making them, but the kit does not include the subframe bushings if they started making them, cuz my subframe bushing were 100 dollars alone.

i used 300zx subframe bushings from energy suspension, u just gotta shave them down a bit

could also be you did what I did... Be proud if you did this!!!!

Broke the soft metaled C thing that holds the axle from coming out of the Diff. So now when you torque the rear the axel pops in and out of the diff making a clanking noises and sometimes when you hit bumps!!!

its also does the noise when i start braking i just try some subframe bushing and see if not then i start looking for it else where

hmm yeah I have the same issue. I just turn up my music and it fixes the problem. :cool:
nah but yeah thanks for bringing this up. I want to get solid bushings soon enough, and get rid of the wheel hop.

alibaba said:
i dont think they make subframe bushings for 240's unless they just started making them, but the kit does not include the subframe bushings if they started making them, cuz my subframe bushing were 100 dollars alone.

i used 300zx subframe bushings from energy suspension, u just gotta shave them down a bit

Sorry to bring back an old thread but, the ES bushing kit for the S13 includes subframe bushing INSERTS (not replacement bushings). The ES kit for the S14 does not include any subframe stuff to my knowledge.

The inserts (see pic) are designed to lessen lateral movement from within the bushing. Basically, they are the best you could do without removing the whole subframe, which is a PITA. I tried installing these on my S13 and was not able get them wedged in there. From the looks of it, if i had a lift as opposed to jack/stands it might be easier.

The stock subframe bushings have four holes on each side (2 large 2 small). These are supposed to slide into the two large holes, but if the car is not lifted 100% even (front to back) then one of these holes is usually squashed shut. I tried wedge it in there with no luck. Also tried raising and lower both ends with no luck either. In the end i just installed some Phase2Motortrend aluminum spacers and called it a day.

KRM

Attachments

• ES_rear_subframe_inserts_2.jpg
    ES_rear_subframe_inserts_2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 51
i guess cuz when i had to replace the bushings on my s14 ES did int have em for my car so i used 300zx ones but complete bushing, not just inserts

alibaba said:
i guess cuz when i had to replace the bushings on my s14 ES did int have em for my car so i used 300zx ones but complete bushing, not just inserts

I just posted to clear this up as there has been a lot of confusion around this, all over the place not just on this board. Otherwise i wouldn't have posted on a month old thread ;)

KRM

wow.. if you had or have a bad subframe bushing.. screw it .. get some sub frame spacers they pretty much render the bushing inoperable and eliminate 99% of the rear subframe movement .. screw inserts or poly bushings.. aluminum slip on spacers are where its at

these will work just fine and they only take even the most retarded person like an hour max to install and for under 60 dollars best bang for buck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240S...020QQitemZ300086836677QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ca18dets13 said:
i dont think the rear subframe is cracked so where can i get some rear subframe bushings for a good price? :bigthumbu

splparts.com, solid aluminums. or the collars, so you dont have to remove the subframe to install them.

lunchbox said:
wow.. if you had or have a bad subframe bushing.. screw it .. get some sub frame spacers they pretty much render the bushing inoperable and eliminate 99% of the rear subframe movement .. screw inserts or poly bushings.. aluminum slip on spacers are where its at

these will work just fine and they only take even the most retarded person like an hour max to install and for under 60 dollars best bang for buck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240S...020QQitemZ300086836677QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Spacers, are good, but they will do nothing, absolutely nothing, to eliminate lateral movement from within the bushing. They are meant to lessen vertical movement, and that job very well.

If you're concerned about lateral movement, you only have three choices.

1. New OEM replacements
2. Solid aluminum replacements (not spacers)
3. Energy Suspension bushing inserts

KRM

they do lessen alot of lateral movement but not as much as solid bushings do in that you are right .last time i installed a set of those they kinda sliped over the inner bushing collar and pressed tight against the outter sleve as well .. but those were ebay ones that had a larger bottom piece center hole

your in hialeah. pass bye headquarter toyota and call me 305 878 0830. I'll solve your problem the first time unless you really want to keep wasting your time doing the whole trial and error thing.... give me a call if you wish to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom