No Spark

coolandy007

Spectator
I swapped my 92 KA stock to a 95 KA stock. Everything seems to be connected but there's no power going to the coil? Any ideas or anyone that can check it out?

ur broken

but i had the same problem but mine was the whole car.
it turned out to be the ecu.
but gl man

If you are not getting power to the coil, check the distributor. Make sure your distributor cap is not faulty or maybe the rotor on the distributor is damaged. Try removing the distributor form the head, keep the key in the on position and sping the gear rotor for the distributor. You should either hear or see the spark. To see the spark you can remove a spark plug and connected to the coil wire, rotate the distributor and see if you got spark. Do the same on all 4. If you don't get spark on all, then distributor is faulty, wether is the distributor cap or the distributor itself.

Keep us posted

Cap and rotor are brand new. The distributor I got from Alex with the KA-AE86 so it should be in good condition. We rigged up an MSD 6AL and Blaster Coil and we got a spark but the engine still doesn't turn over. It cranks but nothing. If anyone is willing to help me out for some food let me know. I swear you'll eat the best burger ever guaranteed.

so you are getting spark from the coil..have you checked to see if you are getting spark at the wires..take a plug connected to a plug wire and see if it arcs..if no spark or weak spark..you could have the timing set wrong(couple teeth off or more)..take to top dead center and reset the distributor..

I'm actually using the 92 coil and then used the Blaster 2 from MSD. The wires arch now but negative on liftoff. We'll reset the distributor tomorrow as we are out of light tonight.

hhm as mentioned above it could be a weak spark. question are u using the stock wires with the msd?

Yeah. The MSD was rigged quickly to double check if it was the coil itself and we got a spark but still no ignition.

first msd and stock wire is a no no. u can burn up the wires. second are u sure u are getting fuel

good call...before messing with distributor..shoot some quick start in the intake. if starts, fuel is your problem..also smell spark plugs for fuel. if possible borrow a noid lights to check injector pulse.if the quick start doesnt work..then mess with distributor..

Last edited:
We ran out of light today but tomorrow we are checking the distributor and the two fuel lines we think could be crossed. Like I said if anyone is not working tomorrow and is willing to help, I will grill some mean fucking burgers.

We ran out of light today but tomorrow we are checking the distributor and the two fuel lines we think could be crossed. Like I said if anyone is not working tomorrow and is willing to help, I will grill some mean fucking burgers.

just remember fuel line coming from filter should go to the line that feeds to the injectors first and then the fpr out to the return line..what town you live in some how i dont think its close to me i would go after work tho

Thanks for all the fresh ideas. Frustration got the best of us today but we'll test it out tomorrow.

when i got my motor back from the machine shop (very spun bearing) i worked till 2 in the morning to get it running...the thing that suck was i had to be at work at 7...i slept sitting on my box till we got busy lol

run codes on the ECU, you should have done this first. if nothing comes up......

change the plug wires, if still nothing... well at least i tried to help and toss ideas out.

check spark plug gaps

run codes on the ECU, you should have done this first. if nothing comes up......

change the plug wires, if still nothing... well at least i tried to help and toss ideas out.

check spark plug gaps

omg ur retarded but watever

imma pm u my number give me a call an ill gladly help u out.im on the border on miami an broward if u can come pik me up ill go n help out. lmk

Back
Top Bottom