No interior lights or power inside car...After oil and filter change on the SR...

So i changed the oil today and when i reinstalled the oil filter it sparked against the alternator...
Now no interior power or lights...
I started following down wires and there is no ground on the alternator and any wire in the area doesnt make a complete ground...
The ground wire is hooked to the alternator but nothing for it too hook too its just a loose wire hanging...
The motor is a black top s13 sr20det in a s14...I bought the car allready swapped, and i'm trying to figure what the hell this person did for wiring, its a mess :ugh: ...Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks...

chech all your fuses in the interior lower left kick panel you popped a couple of them, trust me it happened to me too!

Thanks alot man...I guess i'll pull all 100 out and inspect every fuse :ugh: I hooked up a test light to every fuse in the lower inside kick panel and it didnt light up on any one...Weird!!! There's no power at all in the kick panel fuses...(scratches head) :confused:

yo there is supposed to be 2 wires to the alt. a little one with an 8mm bolt holding it to the case, and the 10mm nut that holds the big lead to the post.

also when your checking fuses do it with the KEY ON.

There was no ground for the alt i made a new wire hooked it up...I went through every fuse and found 1 burn out inside the car, and 1 big ass fuse burnt, under the hood...I've been to every part store in my area and no luck...I'm calling nissan tomorrow when parts is open...Hopefully the new fuses will fix this and i can drive it to osw saturday, we'll see...And thanks again very much for the help yalls i greatly appreciate it :D

Back
Top Bottom