no fuel no spark sr?

O-zone

Spectator
car- '95 S14
motor - notch-top sr20det

whats up guys. i recently just finished my build and went to start her up but to no avail. here's the thing, when i first went to start the motor, fuel pump was priming but due to crossed fuel lines it went nowhere. after i realized my mistake, i went for another go but this time the pump didn't prime, made a winding down noise for 3 seconds and i have yet to hear it operate since. I've checked and swapped almost all relays and fuses pertaining to the starting system and fuel delivery. I've checked all grounds and added a few more as well as redid my pigtail for the fuel pump. My lower harness is brand new from WS and my engine harness is from my previous car to which was repined by JG autoworks properly as it had given me no issues. so the fuel pump was taken out and tested (walbro 255) to be in good working order. my question is could a mistiming of the CAS cause the pump to not prime as well as inhibit starting?

any suggestions would be much appreciated

Ecu light on? Check the cas, by spinning it and see if u can hear the injectors click...

yes the ecu light is on. as far i can tell everything seems to be working with the injectors. could the cas go bad from sitting too long?

check if cas getting signal. on my s14 I would move the cas with key on position and at a certain point it would turn the fuel pump on and prime. I have an extra cas with a cracked plastic cover that is known good working if u want to try it

Enough voltage making it to the pump? Check voltage at CAS. Pull plugs to check for spark? Injectors firing?

CAS installed 180degs backwards? I'd remove it and reinstall it to make sure timing marks are correct

Last edited:
If you still have factory wiring, check your ignition switch is working properly, that could cause no spark and no fuel simultanious

check if cas getting signal. on my s14 I would move the cas with key on position and at a certain point it would turn the fuel pump on and prime. I have an extra cas with a cracked plastic cover that is known good working if u want to try it

i had my friend rotate the cas a few times but i heard no priming of the pump nor was the motor any closer to starting. the tempo of the motor turning when its close to starting usually goes up and feels like it want to catch but stayed the same. i will let you know about trying yours though if i cant get any results tonight. thx

Enough voltage making it to the pump? Check voltage at CAS. Pull plugs to check for spark? Injectors firing? CAS installed 180degs backwards? I'd remove it and reinstall it to make sure timing marks are correc

i will get a multimeter tmrw and double check them but i just recently discovered that my ecu is NOT getting power or at least enough of it. the led is not lit. i mistook my work lamp for the actual led being lit as my work light was sitting behind the ecu at the time i was checking. i don't wanna jinx it but could the ecu be fired? my dash lights and everything else illuminate though

i flipped the cas a few times as well as had my boy play with it while i was cranking. still no good

If you still have factory wiring, check your ignition switch is working properly, that could cause no spark and no fuel simultanious

yes still factory from what i can tell. seems like there was an alarm system that was removed. wires under the steering column were cut but i reconnected and still no good.

Last edited:
New spark plugs may also help. I messed with my CAS a bunch trying to solve an issue and no matter what I did it wouldn't start up. Plugs would spark, but engine wouldn't fire. After going through absolutely everything, I threw a new set in just to try. Started up first try. SRs can be very picky with fouled plugs.

digging up this tread again. still having issues

New spark plugs may also help. I messed with my CAS a bunch trying to solve an issue and no matter what I did it wouldn't start up. Plugs would spark, but engine wouldn't fire. After going through absolutely everything, I threw a new set in just to try. Started up first try. SRs can be very picky with fouled plugs.

i have a new set of iridiums in already. well basically narrowed it down to my ecu not getting steady power. i have fuel pressure and spark but no injector pulse. my ecu looks ok but im going to swap out with another ecu and hope for a miracle. are there any grounds for the ecu specially? both my harnesses are new from WS and i still cant get this thing to do anything more then turn over?? :confused:

It sounds strange that you have spark but no fuel injector pulse.

Hows your tps adjusted? I'm not sure about the sr20 ecu but some fuel injection systems have a "unflood" feature that will still have spark but no fuel pulse if the throttle it held at 100%.

Otherwise, I don't see another situation where the engine will have spark but no fuel pulse unless the ecu is bad.

How are you checking for fuel pulse btw?

Back
Top Bottom