Nissan Skyline GT-R Prototype on display...

Three5oZee

Driver
... Now this is nice; Nissan Skyline GT-R This car has me written all over it...oh my god (whipes drool)...no really, maybe sum dont like it; i hear that most dont like the body style, or this or that...i dunno..i luv this car;...yes it will be all wheel drive and twin turbo...the last article i read at barne an nobles it was said to be at 450hp and almost equal torque. said to be about 120k $$$ ...still uncertain. :cool:

~~~> http://www.automotivearticles.com/123/printer_nissan_infiniti_gtr_r35_r36_prototype.shtml

imagine sliding this bad boy....sum would say, if i spent that kinda money for a car i would not chance it....well, i say you know wut, if i spend that kinda money for a car that is made to perform, im gonna work that B!$^* all over the track....an if it wrecks...hell, you had money to buy it, you will have money to fix it if you wreck...just that simple....as soon as i looked at this beast, i was like hmmm...the front is carbon fiber...ill slip on a sick sick carbon fiber hood...a set of mean a$$ HRE's or Veilside rims and open up the exhaust a bit by removing the resignator and cat. convert.; larger fuel injectors and regulator...big HKS turbos; external wastegate of course/ an blow off, drop a nitrus set up to the intercooler and run that bad boy hard!..i mean why not? ...RIGHT...

yea its nice but to me its more G35 like, not SKYLINE like, same with the 350Z its IMO not Z like....hard to explain i think the new z and skyline arnt what they usto be.

Last edited:
i think if they made the z as a turbo series it might have held up its tradition a little better...just my opinion...

j

ewwwwwwww
S13 Slide said:
yea its nice but to me its more G35 like, not SKYLINE like, same with the 350Z its IMO not Z like....hard to explain i think the new z and skyline arnt what they usto be.
plus wun

the skyline being g35 you have to accept that fact and that chassis being used from the Z33 to the V35 to the frickin murano, so get used to seeing it. it'll grow on you whether you like it or not, and wheter you like it or not your gonna call this skyline a "GT-R"

If they called a G35 a Skyline in America, I think people would be less confused. I hate hearing "when's America gonna get a Skyline". WE HAVE ONE! "But it doesn't have a turbo or AWD". Not all Skylines do. "GTR's do". Japan doesn't even have a new GTR yet. "Yes they do". No, they don't. :mad:

Anyway, the 350z is more classic Z than the Z32 IMO. You can see "Z-car" in the 350z where as the Z32 to me looked too quasi-futuristic. Different strokes I guess...

dori dori said:
Different strokes I guess...

.....I stroke it my own way, too. On a serious note, yes the car is sick. It's less refrigerator-like than the previous Skylines (admit it, the R32-R34 were not the most aerodynamic), which takes getting used too. But look at it as a completely different car, and tell that **** isn't hot.

Also, is the Evo X going to use the 4G63, or wassup with that? I mean I love that engine, but i think that Mitsubishi should get a new engine (must be turbo of course). The 4G63 is just a little old (my opinion).

the GT-R looks sick IMO but the price is ridiculous. the 350z is an awsome car it does what the z cars originally did right. it handles and performs beautifully, its the same thing with the rx-8 everybody wants more power and more speed, neither were built to go straight. And the original Z cars werent either. so thats why i say the 350 is a Z car.

the 4g63 is a badass motor why change it? thats like saying the rotory/wankel is old and should be replaced... to this date there has yet to be a motor that out performs it.

oh and for the record the R33 GT-R was the sickest skyline looks wise ;)

TurboDreams954 said:
the GT-R looks sick IMO but the price is ridiculous. the 350z is an awsome car it does what the z cars originally did right. it handles and performs beautifully, its the same thing with the rx-8 everybody wants more power and more speed, neither were built to go straight. And the original Z cars werent either. so thats why i say the 350 is a Z car.

the 4g63 is a badass motor why change it? thats like saying the rotory/wankel is old and should be replaced... to this date there has yet to be a motor that out performs it.

oh and for the record the R33 GT-R was the sickest skyline looks wise ;)

the R33? are you crazy its a **** box....R31 and R32 all the way. the R34 looked like it had to much stuf fon it or something. your the first person that i know that liked the R33 lol.

The car has barely any traces of it's previous generations. The only R34 trait I see are those headlights, but at this point, they look more like a Vette's tailight.... actually the whole rear end screams Corvette.

I like it tho... the front end is sick.

thats because its not a skyline anymore...they split it up as the skyline and the gtr...and there using the GTR too introduce infiniti to japan!

sum very good points made on here... yes the Z has held a major tradition throughout the years..... and yes the only Z that looked different from all the others was the 300zx....it was wider...kinda flat looking and so forth... anyway... im sliden the b!#$%*

sorry for the language..just expressing the rightousness...!!!! :D

and um yea, the R31 was an will always be ugly; the R33 and R34 were the most attractive to me... i was pissed to see the four-door version of the 34 an 33 back in the day....that was the heart breaker for me....besides, i think my next big investment will be a R34 with the twin set up......i can dream cant i?

ok so, no matter what is said...this is the NEW GT-R and we will just have to deal with it....an this is just one color we have seen it in....and one style... who knows what kinda creativiy will pop up on this car...if they even have the money lol

J

I agree with Robert (turbodreams954), the r33 my favorite skyline and then the r32. The r34 is too big and clunky and heavy compared to its predecessors. R31 is nice as well, I love the old school ones, but I like more elegance, = r33. This new one, I have to agree with Erick (rwdrift) that it "screams corvette". The car looks nothing like a skyline. I understand it will be the next generation of the g35, but it looks nothing like the g35 either. It looks like a completely new car. How much does this jalope weigh, anyway? Now, the front, I can deal with. But the back, Im always going to get confused between it and a vette.
Idk, Nissan is slacking (making a sentra, an altima, and a maxima all look the same!). Actually, most japanese manufacturers are slacking. Toyota doesnt have a "sporty/fast" car, Lexus is comming out with their new elegant line (I forgot what its called), but theyre making every car model after the new GS. I had a heart attack when I saw the new IS, I really love the older one much better to tell you the truth....the new IS grew on me though, but in comparison to this new gtr, I dont think itll grow on me, Ill just get used to it. Also, Mazda dealt away with the 13brew, 13bre, etc. I dont think a rotary should be n/a, IMO. I know the rx8 isnt made for a straight line, but neither was the fd, its one of the best handling cars out there, and it was boosted. Now, Honda is its own thing, w/e. Mitsubishi is doing it right, though. The new Evo IX and the next Evo X are SOOOOOOOOO beautiful. I dont think Mitsubishi should deal away with the 4g63 just because thats a major part of what makes it an evo. Yes, the 4g63 is at times unreliable and yes its old, but look at Toyota, theyve been using the 2jz(ge) for roughly 15 years (to my knowledge). Now, theyve stopped production of it in the Lexus sector though. And Subaru, they were on a roll with the STi, until the 2006 came in, then they just crashed and burned.

Anyway, another thing that REALLY REALLY bothers me is the fact that major manufacturers are introducing their other line (i.e- Toyota introducing Lexus, now Nissan introducing Infiniti, and then will probably Honda introducing Acura, etc). Nothing will be JDM anymore!!!! Its rediculous!!

Last edited:
The only reason why this is happening is because Americans talk too much. Everyone wants the cool cars, but when they bring it over no one busts with the check book.

Happened to the FD, MR2 (or MRS), Supra, 240, and every other car out there. It's also the reason why the Skyline, among other cars, will probably never make it to the US. If they do, $10 says they wont last.

- Erick
PS: Oh and by the way. The RX-8's engine is a work of art. Anyone that doesnt agree should look at the Star Mazda Championship. The rules are simple.... use a stock Renesis engine (available in all RX-8s), tune the ECU, and go at it. The engine is so reliable that Formula Mazda has been named the chapest Formula Series ever. The 1.3l N/A puts out almost as much power as the FD's engine. Let's not even mention a 787B, which IS naturally aspirated. Not hating on turbo rotaries, which by the way, were sold in the FD until '02 (I believe). Mazda did not give up on turbos, they gave up on the US.

Last edited:
....agreed here... i sense a major slacking, and yes again...subaru fell off with their 2006....such a shame....and hey, one thing everyone must realize; this is how new ideas pop out, new concepts and designs.. yes this model Gt-R is not greatly appreciated by the mass, but im willing to bet when it evolves into the following design it will be something pretty sick, in every aspect... only time will tell...

J

Back
Top Bottom