New Problem With S14 Sr20det

Sphinx415

Driver
it idles good but at rpms it starts to crap out...like its not getting enough air or gas or something....example it starts to choke its self and studder a lot....the whole car is stock sr only happens at high rpms.....suggestions...

plugs are brand new...aftermarket blow off....

just keep giving me ideas cuz i think i have check all the easy stuff....but i might have missed something...and dont go into the vacuum lines cuz there all new and no leaks....i still have the metal stock maf and i have a SAFC 2 connected.....

Go over all the ignition components if you can. Coil packs do go bad. There's always the possibility of a boost leak.

aftermarket bov.. you have to set up the DEC AIR settings on the safc... that would affect it at low rpms though.. but just a thought

to me if its bone stock, with no changes to the safc... it sounds like the oxygen sensor

Last edited:
s14zenk said:
aftermarket bov.. you have to set up the DEC AIR settings on the safc... that would affect it at low rpms though.. but just a thought

to me if its bone stock, with no changes to the safc... it sounds like the oxygen sensor

It would'nt crap out at high rpm due to an o2 sens.

Maybe fuel pump, lack of it would cause breakup with more demand for it. check all the ground wires and also look at the plug wires for leaks, sometimes the plug wires leak when they go bad, you can sometimes easily see sparks leaking if you look at the motor running in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom