need some tips...

Cordobes

Spectator
I want to wire up some mishimoto electric fans that i have for my sr. maybe some people will tell me..( just find some negative and pussitive,and connect it there) lol.
I want to do it the rite way! so here my questions
1.- What size of wires do i need to buy ?
2.- can i put a relay? if so..for what ? or is better just to put a Fuse to prevent some burning ?
3.- Where the hell should i get the power from ? ( i will like the fans to start up everytime i start up the car )
if anyone wiling to share with some pics of ur setup or tell me some info on it let me know. And im on a tight budget !!

Thank You.- and i know.. here this for my head :chair:

Yo Cordobes, just ask Steve how much he would do it for. Im sure he would hook you up, and it will be done sooo much quicker lol. I hate wiring...

i hate wiring too. i called him today 2 times but goes directly to voicemail. and i sent him a pm as well. he gonna do some other electrical things in my car..but the fans i want to have it done this weekend ,.sunday i have time

I just called him and told him to hit you up. He said he already pm'd you lol.

use 10 ga wire use a relay and power the relay with the battery and signal from a thermo switch or if you wana be cheap anything ing on

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

sometimes if the fan/s draw alot you need to run 2 relays

its real easy..
i wire both of my fan to one of the 15a fuse that powers on when the key is on with a 20a inline fuse or relay (whatever its call). mine has been working great for over a year now no problem
Pm me and ill be glad to send you pictures and ill help you

I just called him and told him to hit you up. He said he already pm'd you lol.

he pm'ed me yesterday.:confused:

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

sometimes if the fan/s draw alot you need to run 2 relays

Thank you. and i really dont want to run it with the thermo.. i did like the fans to turn on when the key is On.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

will buy 10 ga wire tomorrow and a few relays.lets start from there, lol

Mine are wired like so...

2 relays, 2 switches, 2 inline fuses, 2 switches in car

works baller as shit no problems

I also used LED Tipped switches so if one of the fans goes my switch wont light up

Im not a fan of having fans on as soon as u flip the ignition - the engine takes wayy to long to get to operating temp and ur car runs like poo... a thermostat switch or something like that is the best way but switches work fine too if u watch ur temp

Mine are wired like so...

2 relays, 2 switches, 2 inline fuses, 2 switches in car

works baller as shit no problems

I also used LED Tipped switches so if one of the fans goes my switch wont light up

Im not a fan of having fans on as soon as u flip the ignition - the engine takes wayy to long to get to operating temp and ur car runs like poo... a thermostat switch or something like that is the best way but switches work fine too if u watch ur temp

this sounds good.

all you need is two relays one for each fan and branch your power supply from a wire on the harness that powers up when your ignition turns on.

i already connect the fans today. they working good. wires dont everheat,lol, and i didnt put a relay..just a 20amp inline fuse. but maybe will do a better connections and put a relay on each fan. i have both connected on the same wire. and i have 10" fans i think.

Thats rite,lol. but i still have to do some wiring on my headlights..i have to put power locks..and since im gonna be working in headlights i can add the relays, its pretty easy and not much time consuming! lets see what's up.lol

i hate wiring. i have to rewire my fuel pump cause its hotwired and all the wires and switches are slowly burning. but i have no idea where to start. lol glad you fixed your car man!

stive rewired my fuel pump few months ago and its perfect.:bigthumbu too bad that u are in jacksonville. ? lol

Back
Top Bottom